“Very nice spot”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My son and I picked this place completely by chance as we walked around Cork City. It had a nice early dinner crowd and looked nice so in we went. The service was very good and the menu offered everything Italian you could think of. It is in a nice area of the city and the front window overlooks the hustle and bustle of the people walking around this beautiful city. We each ate everything on our plate and left very happy. When back in Cork I will be back here to eat again

Reviewed 3 April 2018

As we celebrate three birthdays between 18th and 26th of March we have our annual family birthday dinner during this week. This year we decided on IL Padrino on the recommendation of a work colleague. He said we would not be disappointed and we were not. Four different starters, four different mains, some deserts and coffee and everyone was more than happy and very satisfied. Great service, great food lovely ambience, attention to detail, what more to say! Nothing, thank you IL Padrino we will be back, happy to recommend this restaurant. Kind Regards, Mike.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The staff were very good and very attentive, however, we were very disappointed with the pizzas here; mine was really inedible. The manager handled this extremely well, apologised, offered a replacement meal and did not charge us for the pizza. Maybe the pasta is better in Il Padrino but I would avoid the pizza.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous food, very tasty. Excellent staff, helpful and attentive. Lovely venue. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Visited on a cold damp Thursday evening. Decent ish crowd for 8.45pm. Nice table in the window. Nice service- not too rushed, relaxed, sociable, funny.
The food - I had calamari to start. Portion just right. It was fresh and the batter was light and wonderfully crispy.
Main was spaghetti carbonara. This is a specialty of my wife at home so my standards are high. Very high. This was exceptional. You won’t win any dieting awards after having it but nor should you after a good carbonara.

My friends would tell you I am very hard to please in restaurants and hotels etc.

Il Padrino is now firmly on my list of places to come back to!