“Well worth a visit ”

CIT Blackrock Castle Observatory
Ranked #21 of 168 things to do in Cork
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We visited with our 16 year old daughter who is interested in the night sky. The interactive displays are wonderful...full of easily accessible information. The guided tour was interesting and witty and very well guaged for the mix of people. The planetarium is small and on this busy day in the Easter holidays the show had to be condensed to facilitate the crowds. Very good attraction for all ages.

All reviews
"interactive exhibits"
in 9 reviews
"solar system"
"all ages"
in 15 reviews
"tour guide was very informative"
"couple of hours"
in 18 reviews
"tower"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This is an adorable, picture-perfect castle! We came here for a little visit and decided to have lunch at the cafe. The food we had was amazing!! We shared a forest mushroom risotto (easily the best I’ve ever had) and soup and salad and wine. The view is beautiful of the castle and water and service excellent. I highly recommend!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Visited this place in September 2017, had a blast! Went in to go on the tour and jokingly introduced myself as Buzz Aldrin at which point the lady (Who knew perfectly well I wasn't) raised her voice "Where the heck were you in July?" This place was a lot of fun to visit, including the air filled dome where the night sky was projected on the insides. Be prepared to climb a lot of old stone steps as it is a castle.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Visited this site back in 2012, and it was a really beautiful day in September. Didn't go in though - I believe it was closed.
The castle used to be a form of a fort in the 1600s, and you can see it is situated right on the River Lee!