CIT Blackrock Castle Observatory
Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Autumn break in Ireland

Easy to find with parking outside and a good price. Most informative about the history and use of... read more

Reviewed 11 October 2018
58sparrow
Ascot, United Kingdom
Cork Harbour Views

Great spot to view the river and Cork Harbour and an easy drive through the historic Blackrock area... read more

Reviewed 18 September 2018
ExpatKL88
Western Ireland, Ireland
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cork
from USD 612.90
from USD 20.90
from USD 45.20
from USD 45.20
More Info
All reviews interactive exhibits solar system all ages tour guide was very informative few hours beautiful building nice walk cork harbour great place to visit science astronomy planets telescope dungeon cosmos tower exhibition
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This is an adorable, picture-perfect castle! We came here for a little visit and decided to have lunch at the cafe. The food we had was amazing!! We shared a forest mushroom risotto (easily the best I’ve ever had) and soup and salad and wine. The view is beautiful of the castle and water and service excellent. I highly recommend!!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Visited this place in September 2017, had a blast! Went in to go on the tour and jokingly introduced myself as Buzz Aldrin at which point the lady (Who knew perfectly well I wasn't) raised her voice "Where the heck were you in July?" This place was a lot of fun to visit, including the air filled dome where the night sky was projected on the insides. Be prepared to climb a lot of old stone steps as it is a castle.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Visited this site back in 2012, and it was a really beautiful day in September. Didn't go in though - I believe it was closed.
The castle used to be a form of a fort in the 1600s, and you can see it is situated right on the River Lee!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

A stunning castle with a difference. My 3 kids, aged 5, 9 & 12 absolutely loved their visit and myself and my husband also enjoyed. Definitely something for all the family and reasonably priced.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank moggles
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We went late in the afternoon so we ended up missing the tour but we still was aloud to walk around and have a look and take photos. What impressed us was the meteor in the court yard.

Date of experience: June 2017