All reviews local area lake of menteith hotel gave us lots of information a great stay two nights full scottish enjoyed our stay one night stay national park phil hosts taxi scotland accommodations wedding countryside
Reviewed 4 September 2017

My husband and I, along with my daughter and 3 grandchildren spent two wonderful nights at Malling West when we were attending my nieces wedding. Our hosts Morag and Phil went out of their way to make us all feel welcome in their home. The rooms were large and spotlessly clean. The ensuite bathrooms were immaculate. Our breakfast was delicious and plentiful. My grandchildren, ages 2, 4, and 6, were welcomed and made to feel at home. They didn't want to leave. Morag made sure that we knew the best places to go to with the children in mind and we took her up on her sage advice. We were left feeling as if we had known them for years. I can say with all honesty that I will find it hard to find a better B&B. I highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us! It is very reassuring to read positive reviews like yours. I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed your visit. It was great to meet you and your family, your two little flower girls and page boy were fab guests.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Scotland.

Morag and Phil

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Very warm welcome at Malling West, confortable home and delicious breakfast.
We were well taken care of by the homeowner, that gave us judicious advises to find activities for the whole family.
I strongly recommand this bead and breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for your review of your stay with us.
It's good to know you enjoyed your stay at Malling West. It is very important to us. Maybe we will see you again someday!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

My wife & I stayed for 3 nights in May. (The delay in writing this review is no reflection on the excellent time we had.) Our room was compact but very well appointed with views over the garden. There was no TV, a point I had not noted in advance; but it was not missed and I did have my laptop with adequate WiFi for any essential viewing.
Morag was a perfect hostess and breakfasts were delicious with everything you expect from a top notch B&B.
If you intend to eat in any of the local venues be sure to speak to Morag before you go as she has deals for discount with some of the surrounding businesses. We met friends in Lake of Menteith Hotel for dinner (also highly recommended) and secured a discount after indicating we were staying at Malling West.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for remembering us after this lapse in time, it is very kind of you to take time to write a positive review of your stay! I am pleased you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We had a two nights stay at Mallingwest as we were attending a wedding close by.
On arrival we were warmly welcomed by Phil. The room was very spacious, had an en suite and equipped with everything you would expect from a high quality B&B.

We were given the choice of what we would like for breakfast. The full Scottish breakfasts was delicious!

If were in the area again we would definitely chose to stay at Mallingwest.

Thanks for making us feel so welcome!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your stay at Malling West.
It's great to hear you enjoyed your visit, and we met your expectations, it is very important for us to know you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks again

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I went to Schotland with my dad and he booked this wonderful B&B. The B&B was really nice and the hosts were very friendly. The room was very clear but, I had two complains.
First of all, the room didn't had a tv and second of all, the mirror in the bathroom was very small. The breakfast and the juices were delicious.

In summery, I had a wonderful stay at this B&B and I hope to visit this B&B in the future.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Can I firstly thank you for your kind comments.
And secondly can I address your dissatisfaction with the size of the mirror in the shower room. I am sorry that neither the illuminated 25.5 X 25.5 cm shaving mirror, or the 38 X 48 cm mirror on the cabinet were inadequate for your needs.
There is also a portable magnifying mirror on the dresser in the bedroom! I do apologise if you were inconvenienced.
Regarding the absence of TV in the room, I have to tell you that it is almost impossible to get any kind of reception on that side of the house! though ironically the Wifi signal is very good, and our guests are happy to use either their computer, tablet, or phone.
I am really pleased that you and your Dad enjoyed your stay with us.
We would be delighted to see you again next time you are in Scotland.

Morag.