All reviews local area lake of menteith hotel gave us lots of information a great stay two nights full scottish enjoyed our stay one night stay national park phil hosts taxi scotland accommodations wedding countryside
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We had a two nights stay at Mallingwest as we were attending a wedding close by.
On arrival we were warmly welcomed by Phil. The room was very spacious, had an en suite and equipped with everything you would expect from a high quality B&B.

We were given the choice of what we would like for breakfast. The full Scottish breakfasts was delicious!

If were in the area again we would definitely chose to stay at Mallingwest.

Thanks for making us feel so welcome!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your stay at Malling West.
It's great to hear you enjoyed your visit, and we met your expectations, it is very important for us to know you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks again
Morag and Phil.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I went to Schotland with my dad and he booked this wonderful B&B. The B&B was really nice and the hosts were very friendly. The room was very clear but, I had two complains.
First of all, the room didn't had a tv and second of all, the mirror in the bathroom was very small. The breakfast and the juices were delicious.

In summery, I had a wonderful stay at this B&B and I hope to visit this B&B in the future.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Can I firstly thank you for your kind comments.
And secondly can I address your dissatisfaction with the size of the mirror in the shower room. I am sorry that neither the illuminated 25.5 X 25.5 cm shaving mirror, or the 38 X 48 cm mirror on the cabinet were inadequate for your needs.
There is also a portable magnifying mirror on the dresser in the bedroom! I do apologise if you were inconvenienced.
Regarding the absence of TV in the room, I have to tell you that it is almost impossible to get any kind of reception on that side of the house! though ironically the Wifi signal is very good, and our guests are happy to use either their computer, tablet, or phone.
I am really pleased that you and your Dad enjoyed your stay with us.
We would be delighted to see you again next time you are in Scotland.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Had a one night stay and felt like we'd been there for a week. Hosts Morag and Phil couldn't have been more accommodating or obliging to ensure we enjoyed our stay. A very clean, beautiful house and gardens, mixed in with a great setting would have us easily staying here again when next up in this lovely part of the world. Breakfast was a massive tick box too....thank you again Morag for coping with the 'veggie'!
Stewart and Jacqueline, May 2017.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

It was really nice to meet you both. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and have taken the time to write such a positive review. Thank You.

Maybe we will see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Malling West lies in a remote area, so you can be sure of a quiet stay and sleep.
The twin-room was absolutely comfortable and contains all what you need.
Morag has served a wonderful delicious breakfast.
We enjoyed our stay at Malling West.
Even when we saw an osprey at the Lake of Menteith nearby.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you so much for your very positive review and your kind comments, it is always good to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.
However can I point out for future guests, that Malling West is situated in a Rural area, and NOT a remote area!
I understand how you have come to make that mistake; but the word Remote suggests we are isolated and distant from any surroundings. Where as we are just minutes from both the villages of Aberfoyle and Port of Menteith, and less than half an hour from Stirling! Though a quiet stay and a great night sleep is almost guaranteed.
Thanks again.
Morag.
PS. I hope you enjoyed your Island Odyssey.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We were made very welcome at this lovely B&B and had a comfortable, spotlessly clean room. Morag provided us with a very good breakfast every morning and coped with our dietary idiosyncrasies! She also gave us lots of information about the local area which helped us make the most of our stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you for your kind comments and positive review.
It is very important to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. It was very nice to meet you both!
Maybe we will see you again.
Kind Regards