All reviews local area lake of menteith hotel gave us lots of information a great stay two nights full scottish enjoyed our stay one night stay national park phil hosts taxi scotland accommodations wedding countryside
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here after day at Nick Nairns. Morag opened the B&B especially for us before season started. Incredibly helpful and generous. Nice room, lovely breakfast. Wonderful hosts. Thank you. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

You are very welcome. Thank you for a smashing review I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

Stayed at Malling West B&B recently for a wedding at Alskeith House. Firstly, Morag was exceptionally helpful before I arrived, was very welcoming and gave me a few tips for the local area once there. The room was modern, comfortable and spacious with a nice en-suite and comfortable bed with everything you need. Breakfast was also delicious and nothing was too much trouble. The house and setting is lovely with nice views, garden and ample parking. If you have not visited the B&B before, put the full B&B address into the satnav rather than the postcode. There is also a sign on the main road outside the gate so you can't miss it. Lovely B&B in the Trossachs and ideal for the local area around Aberfoyle and Loch Ard. Would visit again!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review!
Kind regards

Reviewed 25 August 2016

From my experience, the most important point for a B&B is the contact with the family welcoming you.
We have been received very well for a 2 days trip and this requires five stars.

The B&B is ideally situated in the countryside in a calm area, except the main road to reach it.
The map provided by tripadvisor is not right. The B&B is not alone in a tiny road within the forest.
This is easy if you want to go to Stirling, Glasgow or simply to the lake of Menteith and see its Abbey.

This is safe for Children (there is a barrier with the road), there is a garden to play and stretch a bit. There is a parking with enough space.
The rooms were a bit tight, but we were 7... and it's always difficult to find also places in hotels where you need to book 2 rooms but you may be separated and feel unsafe. Here you have 2 rooms but you feel safe and warm welcomed.

Be careful upstairs if you are very tall (1,98m or higher like a basket ball player !), the bathroom is under the roof, but this is large and very convenient.

I would recommend any body to go to this B&B with or without family.
Just be careful to watch for the panel on the road, the house is somehow hidden behind trees, drive slowly when you are approaching and enkoy !

Room Tip: Both up and down rooms are quiet, just a question of feeling for up or down !
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Math_the_Londoner
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Hello and thank you for your very kind comments!
I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we certainly enjoyed meeting you and your smashing family.
Maybe we will see you again some day.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Comfortable room, beautiful garden and delicious breakfast. Only 5 minutes away from the lake of Menteith. We stayed there for a week. Very friendly and helpful hosts.
The B and B is located in a rural environment with lots of wildlife. We saw robins and squirrels. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your stay here at Malling West. Its good to know you enjoyed your stay. I'm pleased our resident red squirrel made an appearance during your visit! Thanks for the trout........

Reviewed 14 August 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting the Trossachs. Morag and her husband have done an exceptional job of renovating their B&B, a true labor of love. Our upstairs room was bright, tastefully decorated, very comfortable, with gorgeous views of the mountains. Our hosts were warm, welcoming and helpful with suggestions of local interest. Morag made a reservation for us at the nearby Lake hotel for dinner. This was so thoughtful and she was spot on, so much so that we ate there both nights. The B&B sits on a beautifully peaceful property just minutes from Aberfoyle.
The breakfasts were so yummy and even though we did not think we liked Black pudding and Haggis…Morag cooked and served us both one morning and we became converts! The quality of her food and cooking is superb.
Phil, even after a long day's work, showed us around the property, showing the many details of his efforts. One of my favorites parts of the property is Morag's Steamie, created for her by Phil. I still have Iron envy!
Morag and Phil are amazing folks. Go and you will feel well cared for….and refreshed.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Morag H, Owner at Malling West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2016

What can I say! Thank you for this very positive review of your stay with us. Phil and I enjoyed meeting you both and were happy to show you round.
I can't believe I am able to smile when I am ironing! I just have to think of the lady who told me she was envious of my iron in the steamie!!
It was great to have you stay with us....maybe we will do it all again?
Morag and Phil