“Great variety, well prepared and served”

The Chestnuts Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 215 Restaurants in Ayr
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Lovely family run hotel with 14 en-suite rooms. Freeview / tea & coffee making facilities. Open from 10am serving coffees and Home Baking till 11.30Am...Lunches from 12-4.30Pm, Suppers from 5-9pm. Superb home-cooked food served in the Bar, Restaurant and Beer Garden. BT Sports in the Bar. Selection of Real Ales and Malt Whiskys. Walking distance from Beach, Town Centre, Parks and Golf courses. In the Heart of Burns' Country. Special Rates for Golf Parties. Selection of Supper dishes at a Special rate of £7.95 Between 5pm and 6.30Pm. F
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great variety, well prepared and served. Had both bar meals and restaurant meal, all excellent. Many beers and some wines to choose from

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was looking for a last minute place to take my grandmother out for a casual dinner. We only wanted a main course and didn't want to spend a lot of money on this occasion. Thus, I quickly researched places in Ayrshire that did cheaper deals in the early evening, I was drawn to The Chestnuts because they offered cheaper main courses as opposed to hvaing to get two courses for the cheaper deal. We sat in the restaurant area and it was a lovely ambience. We ordered the haggis, neeps & tatties, and the lasagna (served with salad, chips & garlic bread) from the £7.95 supper menu. Both meals were delicious, plentiful and very hot when served. I will definitely be revisiting this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

It was very unfortunate that I write a review about a venue that my family enjoyed a meal and ambiance yet unfortunately my experience was not the same (I cannot directly attribute my 4 days in bed to this restaurant although I never ate anywhere else before or after my visit)

The staff were so hopeful and attentive, the place had a lovely warm atmosphere and my family enjoyed the food they had.

I cannot comment on my meal.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We stayed in the hotel both before and after our sons wedding.
We had a meal in the restaurant on Thursday 6th September. It was obvious by the amount of table reservations that the restaurant is a popular eating place.
We originally booked a table for 4 people but when another 2 guests came into the restaurant at the same time it was no issue for one of the staff to rearrange the table to accommodate them.
The food and service was excellent .

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Dropped in for “early bird” dinner....best service I’ve had in years...really warm, friendly place.
Don’t miss this place if you are in the vicinity!