2,180 results
All reviews lavender spa turret suite plunge pool tennis courts pitch and putt manor house stags head restaurant manager afternoon tea steam room putting green hotel grounds spa break spa area dining room stunning views family room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Atholl Palace is set on the hills on the outskirts of Pitlochry and therefore benefits from some wonderful views. At this time of year with the autumn colours it was just beautiful.
We were in the Manor House and for 3 people sharing it was super to have the 2 bedroom no 503 was perfect. It is only a short walk to the Manor House.
The quality of the food was excellent and apart from the first night when service was rather unfriendly it was well served.
The Lavender Spa is super with friendly therapists and excellent treatments.
Would certainly return and recommend to anyone.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recommend more than one night stay here. We have been travelling all over Scotland and stayed in hotels cottages and guest houses. This was our “splurge” and it did not disappoint. Would have loved to stay longer and walk around the outdoors more. A little history in the room would have been nice instead of “go to the museum”. Food was awesome. Bed was amazing.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I reviewed this hotel five years ago and was surprised it had been so long since we were there. Having read what I previously wrote, I realised that I was about to say the same again. Lovely surroundings, food good, nice spa, where we had two excellent treatments. The only difference was that our room was not as good as before, perhaps I paid for a superior room, I don’t remember. This time our room looked out the back, had no bath and a double bed, not a king size. At £796 for 4 nights DBB I thought we could have been allocated a better room. We did not say anything about this to the management because the room description did fit what we had, and it was perfectly adequate and spotless. However, there were many guests only staying a night who had far superior rooms. Maybe they paid a lot more, I don’t know. I booked online and the only choice available was a standard room, which we had, or the lodges, which we did not want. It is an old hotel and there are great variations in the rooms. When I go again I think I will phone and book and request a superior room. Having said that we had a wonderful stay and we will surely return.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018

A "palace" this is certainly NOT. Imposing Victorian grandeur from outside but inside dated and in need of plenty of investment. The rooms were overpriced in our view and are probably set to accommodate coach loads of American tourists who hardly notice the prices (with their strong dollar at the moment). The food was ordinary and the wine list uninspiring. The staff (mainly Romanian it seemed) were not happy in their work and displayed a lack of hospitality training. This hotel obviously had a glorious past but seems to have been left behind. Greatly disappointed and will never return.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank malcmoss
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We had a really nice experience in the spa and the afternoon tea was lovely. However the staff in the restaurant tarnished the experience somewhat, we had to adk for milk and cream for hot drinks as they had forgot it and hadnt came to check on us. And at the end we asked for a box to take rest home as there was simply too much to eat in one go (a very good thing was portion sizes) and 3 times we had to go up and ask someone for this. We kepy getting told it was on its way but waited 20mins. It wasnt a big thing but i think they either more staff in restaurant or need to look at checking tables more.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family