“New Year Get Away”

Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 8 January 2009

My partner and I arrived for the New Year celebrations and stayed on for the weekend. The whole experience was brilliant and I would recommend staying here for New Year to anyone!!

The room was very comfortable, well decorated and well equiped. We stayed in the bank house which is a separate building to the hotel. This had the advantage of being quiet although it was a shock to the system meeting the cold air before breakfast!

The food was spot on all weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed the full cooked breakfast every morning. Luckily they had a gym and pool on site so I had an excuse. I have to admit I saw more of the spa and sauna than I did of the gym, but that's what holidays are for - itsn't it?? The spa was brilliant and the treatments are well priced for the time taken and the care given.

Overall we had a brilliant New Year made all the better by staying at Scotlands where the staff were brilliant. I am looking forward to going back soon as there is still lots I haven't seen in the area.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank YorkshireLass83
Write a ReviewReviews (1,671)

Reviewed 6 January 2009

Husband and I stayed here for 4 night Christmas break. Our room was very spacious with a lovely sleigh bed, sitting area, plenty of storage, bathrobes, slippers, spotlessly clean bathroom - could not fault it.

Food was good, breakfast cooked to order with a choice of fruit juices, cereals, yoghurts etc. etc. Our other meals were very good, Christmas Lunch especially (no washing up!).

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

The only drawback for us was the lack of suitable entertainment as I think we were half the age of the majority of guests! Did find a good pub - the Moulin which has it's own micro brewery about 1.5miles away, which is where we tended to go in the evenings.

Pitlochry does not offer an awful lot for visitors during the winter, but I'm sure during the summer months it would be fine.

1  Thank Kelly64
Reviewed 29 December 2008

Went last December between Christmas and New Year and thought that was brilliant, but this year has been excellent! For the price I recommend everyone to come. The food was tasty, the rooms were lovely and the entertainment was brilliant. I cannot thank this Hotel enough for a wonderful three days rest! Anyone who has had a very hectic Christmas should come here for a post Christmas break.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank EveMark
MarcGardner, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2009

Many thanks for your recent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will of course pass on your great comments to the Staff, I look forward to welcoming you back to Scotlands very soon.

23rd December 08

We really enjoyed our Christmas Break . We paid extra for an executive suite, which was not perhaps a suite in the normal sense of the word, but non the less we were allocated a lovely spacious room.

The food was very good for a 3 star hotel. The staff
extremely helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

We arrived early, but our room was ready and we were able to check in as soon as we arrived.

The only downside to our Christmas stay was that the hotel bar prices were extremely expensive, in fact the most we have ever paid any where, ie £4.10 for a bottle of Magners Cider.

1  Thank Mike_and_Lesley

Many thanks for your recent review & for your good comments about the hotel & the staff.
I do hope that you will return to Scotlands very soon. I will be reviewing the bar prices in 2009

Reviewed 29 December 2008

We stayed at the Scotland Hotel for 4 day Christmas holiday.
Extremely friendly, polite, helpful staff. Every request was dealt with promptly and with a smile.
Rooms were cosy and clean.
The entertainment was excellent and the staff took part with great enthusiasm and obvious enjoyment.
Food was varied, plentiful and well presented.
The impression we got, was of excellent management.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank 12redroses

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am delighted that you had a great time over the festive season & I will pass on your thanks to the staff. From all of us at Scotland's we wish you a very happy new year.