1,794 results
All reviews spa treatments sauna and steam room leisure centre family room a bit tired both nights night break bed and breakfast restaurant staff food was lovely short break both mornings great weekend the main street high street relaxing break dbb
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed for one night, the hotel itself was lovely the room we had was clean and spacious the receptionist who checked us in was friendly enough, however the bar and waiting staff have no concept at all of customer service, during our evening meal we asked for someone to take our drinks order we were told someone else would do this, this someone never arrived so I had to get up and walk to the bar myself mid meal to get a drink, no apologies from the staff, the food was lovely just the staff were terrible, used the spa and this again was great clean facilities, had a massage the following day and again could not fault this very relaxing and service was brilliant but the bar and waiting staff seem like they couldn’t be any less interested.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank stupac88
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Overall stay was nice
Rooms were clean
staff pleasant
Food was lovely, well presented and delish

My only constructive criticism was soon as you walked in the door I said straight away to my dad and sis OMG what is that awful smell ? its was like smell of mens toilets urine smell all the way through the halls even mum said in one part of their hall on the 1st floor as section was very bad with a smell, what is it ?

Bedroom , I was in room 123 bathroom really needs attention here is what I found
Ceiling paper coming away and sorted by staples holding it up.
Massive hair on side of shower
Paint peeling away from sink and along skirting like its never been touched for a good year
Shower mouldy silicon
Wardrobe as you come in to room 1 door hanging off

Swimming area was nice pool was warm again some attentions to details few bulbs out, ceiling needs done hot tub needs new whites things round it as half of it missing.

It is a nice hotel but I see there's a lot of need for attention to details a lot of things need painted carpets need washed or upgrading worn here and there.

Otherwise a nice stay

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed in the hotel twice now the rooms are in excellent quality and are spacious, the food is delicious there's always something to choose from especially with the 5 course meal. The staff are always happy to help and are very nice. The leisure area is incredible I used the pool, steam room sauna and the jacuzzi everyday I was there and thoroughly enjoyed it. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because the hallways need a little bit more tlc and maintenance, other than that a truly relaxing experience.

Room tip: Use the deals on Classic Britain to get the best deals. Also you get the best room available on check in. Rooms on the first floor of 130 or above are best if you intend to use the leisure facilities as it's a short walk to the elevator or staircase.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank blairblairb
Reviewed 15 August 2014

When booked I emailed that I was on a gluten free diet and that we needed a cot as baby only 5mths old. Never heard back so I telephoned hotel on am of arrival saying we were checking in that pm and would they be able to cater for me being gluten free. I spoke to a chevonne/siobhain don't know spelling whom said they would have stuff on menu I could have but never asked my name or anything about the booking which I found strange because I thot they would have made a note.
On arrival of hotel we had to ask for the travel cot in room. They either hadn't gotten the email along with the booking id written or they hadn't read it anyway.
For evening meal a 6 (small) course menu was included in price so I asked waiter what was gluten free, he came back with what the chef had said I could have. I was given French onion soup which I thot must contain gluten so I asked the waiter who then said chef said it was ok but asked him again and of course it was taken away from me saying yes there was gluten in it. The next night was slightly better, chef had marked on menu what I cud have again, however! Breakfast was awful, asked the front of house female (no name badges on anyone) what I could have (full breakfast included in stay price) and she said gluten free toast, I asked can I have an egg? That was about it. It wouldn't have been hard to get a pack of gf sausages from even a local tesco as they knew I'd be there next morning too but no, the next day I waited over half an hour for more gf toast for my poached eggs which arrived all alone on a plate! All my family members had eaten by this time, It was a complete shambles with lack of communication throughout waiter, chef and front of house. If you have a food allergy or intolerance, even advising them before hand doesn't seem to be any help at all! We were very disappointed with the front of house attitude too. It was such an effort for her to be polite to us :0( won't be back I'm afraid even though hotel was ideal for our needs.

Date of stay: July 2014
4  Thank Boosiesoozie
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Took elderly mum for mid week spa break. Hotel staff were excellent with all my requests due to limited mobility. Its an old hotel building so we managed fairly well apart from small set of stairs up to reception. But it didn't spoil the break.
Rooms small but clean and well equiped. Dinner and breakfast couldn't be faulted.
But the best for me was the Spa treatments. Both therapists were excellent and really made the whole trip.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends