All reviews high tea steak pie lovely waitress traditional scottish breakfast loved our stay evening meal was delicious warm room recommend this hotel received a very warm welcome town centre stayed here for nights friendly receptionist busy road twin beds perth races central hotel off street parking
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights to attend a car show on the Sunday. Room clean, dry and comfortable. Had a nice meal on Saturday night, steak pie worth a good filling. £16 for that and a pint of lemonade as I was driving the next day. I had a very light breakfast, opted out of cereal and toast add I would never have eaten it. Sunday after the show I got back about 17:00 or so tired and sore and was told the chefs leave about 17:45 - 18:00. I wasn't a problem for me as I would have managed a bowl of soup if I was lucky so had a bath and retreated to my room with a pot noodle. I can understand the chef situation, I think there was only myself and another couple in that night and the other couple were eating out; so no point in having a chef in case one guest 'might' want to eat. Towels in the bathroom weren't removed, loo not cleaned (I'd have done it myself if there was a brush).

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Close to train station and dewars centre, friendly staff, clean room, tasty breakfast.
Good value for many. Will definitely stay again and highly recommend. Very busy with a wedding on the saturday but no problems or noise

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We attended a wedding last week and there seemed to be a shortage of staff as our big round table was full of glasses never got cleared until the end of night the bar also ran out of fruit juice & ,beer staff in the bar didn't cope well at all (discrimination between buying non alcoholic drinks and Prosecco) obviously more profit from Presecco.
We also had a High Tea very disappointing I had fish which was overcooked and dry nearly black .We ate here a year ago food great then not so good now
Will not return

Room Tip: n/a did not sleep here
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Claire M, Owner at Grampian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thanks for reviewing the Grampian Hotel.
I am sorry you didn't think your high tea wasn't as good as in previous visits. I would have liked the opportunity to have tried to fix it at the time if you had just said.
We have a large selection of soft drinks available as well as alcoholic drinks available.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

On arrival we were warmly greeted which was a reassuring relief as the building is very tired looking & in need of up grading inside & out! However our initial thoughts were then confirmed as we made our way to our rooms. The hotel has a distinct old smell & was Very tired and in need of serious upgrading inside! Our rooms needed some serious attention as they were dusty and looked like they hadn't been polished in months! Dust was everywhere over TV, coffee & tea facilities and water (unsure if old or new) in the kettle, coffee mug had hairs in it!! Carpet and furnishings stained and we questioned when they had been last cleaned!! Bed & linen were acceptable but not the most comfortable! As this was a business trip we did not complain directly as we felt apart from leaving we had little choice & it had been booked & paid in advance. We did not have an evening meal as we had already questioned cleanliness although previous reviews were good!In the morning myself and my colleagues decided to sample breakfast as food reviews had been good!! We were unwarmly greeted by a middle aged lady who was very rude! Did not make us feel welcome and almost looked annoyed we were having breakfast! We were asked what we wanted to drink and as we are not big breakfast eaters we ordered only toast which was responded by " chefs going to love you" unaware if she was being funny or not we just smiled on her returning to the kitchen to place our toast order she loadly announced to the Chef "they 3 have issues, green tea, decafe coffee & only toast" we were utterly shocked at this and deeply offended on her return to the table we were going to speak with her regarding her comments but with the poor attitude she already had we decided to be professional as she wasn't! I have since informed my employer of our disappointing experience £400 for the 4 of us to stay the breakfast experience was the final decision not to recommend! I question if other guest had smiler experience as when we left we met guest from the hotel having breakfast in Morrisons! Shame, could be a classic old hotel that would gain plenty of business as where it is situated but unless they employ Gordon Ramsay to turn it around then can't see it lasting! Our company won't be booking again!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Great helpful staff, good rooms, really nice evening meals with good service. Only had one breakfast which was very good. When your working away on your own its great to find hotels like this one, makes it a little more bearable. will be back in a couple of weeks. Cheers

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business