All reviews high tea overlooking the river mini suite car park chinese suite mr anderson meringue george street bath towels lovely hotel queen victoria traditional hotel no lift wedding reception scones tea or coffee full scottish
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Travelled up from England to Perth for an overnight stay and took a lot time to choose my hotel as I come from Perth - couldn't have chosen better. This hotel is 4 star to me and the 5 star staff are so friendly and efficient; nothing too much trouble for them. I arrived after travelling all day and was looking forwards to a relaxing bath but room allocated only had a shower - absolutely no problem it was changed straight away to what must have been a mini-suite. Lovely spacious room with separate seating area, huge bathroom with bath and separate shower. Loved the decor of the hotel - took me back to my Scottish childhood. Beautiful views of River Tay and just round the corner from the High Street shops but still nice and quiet. Food was amazing. Couldn't fault my stay here and when visiting Perth again I will only consider staying at this hotel.

Room tip: As listed building there are no lifts and so request low level room if needed.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is at least 4 stars. It dosnt have a lift and that is the only draw back and can't have one as it is a listed building. The food, staff and cleanliness are all excellent. Breakfast is served to you. There was a very warm welcome and nothing was a bother to the staff. An excellent place to stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Stayed, with several groups of ladies, for a conference being held in Perth.
The hotel coped with all of us, extremely well.
Friendly helpful staff. Delicious food. Comfortable rooms.
Perfect situation for the Conference venue and those who like to shop.
Great views over the river.
Top of the list for the next visit to the Fair City of Perth.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank WhalsayJmh
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Myself and my wife had our wedding reception here and we were both delighted with the whole experience the food was excellent the staff were all very friendly and attentive the hotel itself is a very beautiful building with fantastic rooms overlooking the river tay a big thanks to all that helped us celebrate our special day

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Mr Anderson who owns the hotel is a really "hands on" host. He was receptionist, waiter, city guide and a genuinely welcoming host. We stayed for one night, somewhat spookily in exactly the same room we had been allocated back in September 2016. Arriving late we missed dinner, but despite the fact that the kitchen was closed, the very helpful barman managed to rustle up some sandwiches and a lovely bottle of red. Our room had fantastic views over the river Tay. Breakfast was superb with a great traditional Scottish menu. Fantastic value for money and a great central location.

• Trip type: Travelled with family