All reviews steak pie steak night pub food would advise booking great selection of beers great bar food visited this pub macaroni new extension great wee place tuesday night each evening plenty parking staff were friendly and helpful main course couldn't fault one night stay
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The pub looks great since the refurbishment, new cantilever balcony and revamped menu.

Our go-to place for lunch when we've got colleagues visiting from other sites and it never disappoints.

Great selection of beers, good homely food and decent specials. Big screens and a cosy bar off the main lounge. Also does rooms for travellers.

There's a reason it's always busy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Arrived lovely place nice staff booked table which was ready and waiting for us.
Service was good food lovely couldn't fault it. However there was 6 dogs came into the restaurant part of Which the people were not even eating that was the only thing that spolt it . I could see the point if it was a guide dog but they were not

Reviewed 16 June 2018

My husband meets a friend here every fortnight and told me about the tasty food. He took me this week and we both had the steak pie with chips and mixed veg. The steak pie was amazing. I am very fussy about my meat but my husband reassured me of its usual quality. He was not mistaken. The meat was tender and not a piece of fat in sight. Also the gravy was delicious. The chips seemed to me to be home made. All in all a very good pub lunch indeed. It would be helpful for there to be a note on the tables advising people to obtain the food menu from the bar and to order their food there. Some people sat for ages not knowing you had to go up to the bar to obtain a menu and place an order.

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight just had lunch
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve recently been for a lunch and a dinner and both were really good. Good service good food and good beer. We were made very welcome and so was our dog. Would definitely recommend. The only thing is you need to order your food at the bar which they don’t always tell newcomers.
Look forward to going back

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Room very small and the ensuite very "tired". Toilet seat broken. Breakfast good and coffee lovely. Cleaner was using the vacuum cleaner while we ate. Saucer chipped. We ate dinner and it was well priced. The staff were lovely especially Nicky who was covering reception and when we couldn't get a taxi personally ran us into the town.