All reviews under new management highland chicken high tea electric car the portion size bar and restaurant area birthday party steak pie one night side salad bottle of fizz dinner bed breakfast glasgow road on arrival great night evening meal was delicious generous portions
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel on the 11/08/2018. Hotel lobby is lovely & the reception staff very helpful.
We got handed our room key to be told that we were not staying in the main hotel? & that to get to our room we had to go back outside and enter “another building” - on arriving to our room we opened the door & the only nice thing about the room was the Headbord on the bed. The room was small , and just not what we expected. When booking the hotel we booked it solely on the look of the rooms on the booking websites & obviously they have only put The nice rooms on the websites. £88 for one night we travelled through from Kilmarnock & I wish I had just have stayed at home.. really not what we were expecting. Total let down!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank charlie110756
DawnH2577, Guest Relations Manager at The Lovat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review charlie110756. All of our rooms are part of the main hotel, however for the convenience of guests we like to offer the option of a separate entrance to our ground floor bedrooms.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Stayed when the hotel was getting a revamp . the lobby and bar area had been done and was very nice . The staff friendly and helpful . The breakfast was really good . Only downsides were the wifi did not reach the room i was in ( I think this would be recitfied the next time I stay ) , also was put in a room that had yet to be decorated . The restaurant was not open , but hopefully will be the next time .

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

We really appreciate your feedback, Woodysvw. Our restaurant is now open so we do hope you will return to try it out.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

I needed to get a room near Perth Royal Infirmary when my husband was taken there after an accident while we were on holiday in the area. The Lovat is in the process of being renovated so they seemed to be keeping the number of guests down but I booked into a double room for a couple of nights unsure how long I would need to be in Perth. The room was comfortable and a good size with plenty of storage (I had a lot of stuff with me) and very clean. The window was small and looked out onto a brick wall but this was actually an advantage during a heatwave because I could keep it open without being overlooked. The staff are the real asset of this hotel. Very kind and helpful. I was able to reserve my room night by night and pay as I went along since I had no idea whether my husband would be kept in Perth or transferred to a Glasgow hospital. The breakfast was lovely and set me up for each day - in fact it was my one proper meal most days. A big thank you to all staff at the Lovat.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Weedgiewuman

Thank you CindersGlasgow for a lovely review. I hope your husband is well on the way to recovery. We hope to welcome you back to stay again in the near future!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the staff, they could not have been more welcoming or friendly. The hotel reception and public areas were quite nice but a little dark. The hotel is in a lovely location. Breakfast was very reasonable and freshly cooked.

HOWEVER, I would not stay again.

The room we had was terrible, small and poky and certainly not suitable for paying guests. The photos of the hotel in no way reflect reality... perhaps we were unlucky as other reviews are more positive.

We were in room 234, accessed by going either outside or upstairs and down again. I hope the rate was not the same as the other rooms because it felt third rate. It was dark and gloomy, the bathroom was dated and I didn’t even get to try the shower because I didn’t realise that the switch to turn the water on was outside the bathroom.
Everything felt cheap and old...if I had been staying for longer then I would have asked for another room.
It also felt as if the roof was coming in as we heard people walking back and forth upstairs.
I appreciate the hotel is being refurbished and I wish the new owners well but this room and any others like it, should not be available for booking or at least they should be honest and put photos of the rooms as they are as this is false advertising.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frances M

Thank you Frances M for your feedback. Our bedrooms are due to be refurbished within the next few months and we do hope you'll return to see the improvements that we make - I do apologise that this wasn't the case when you stayed recently.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Needed somewhere cheap to stay for a couple of nights in Perth with partner and son, dated hotel but in process of a refub, we had a very large room with a large double bed and a single, bathroom could of been better but was fine for what we needed, was just a wetroom but I think we may have been in the easy access room.

Breakfast was lovely, made to order and had lots of choice. Was advertised online as price including breakfast but on arrival we had to pay extra so ended up being fairly expensive for what it was. Staff were nice enough and although dated rooms were clean.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Rebecca L for your review. Our bedrooms are due to be refurbished in the very near future so we do hope you'll return to stay with us.