All reviews train station grand hotel beer garden old victorian room was large staff were friendly and helpful night porter town centre stayed one night bit dated lovely room visiting perth scotland
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I was worried by all the terrible reviews but i stayed here for a week and found the hotel to be perfectly reasonable. I stayed in room 86 and had a view of the garden. Room was a decent size, bottled water provided foc, bed was comfy and the room was clean. Bathroom is very small but shower was excellent in temperature and power. Room was warm. Decor slightly tired but overall well worth around £80 a night. Hotel is a little tired in places but has some fantastic features, the wooden carved staircase and stained glass windows and some really art deco styles - the original telephone booths are fantastic. Breakfast was hot or cold buffet and was decent. Evening meals were also perfectly adequate. I’d say this is a good standard hotel, not fancy or luxurious. Staff were really friendly and helpful. I’d definitely stay again in business and i stay in hotels on a weekly basis.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank piers74
Station H, Receptionist at The Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi piers74,

Thank you so much for your review, it is greatly appreciated.
I am very happy to read that you were happy with your room and services we provided. We are currently working on a number of changes and we are constantly improving.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review and I do hope we can welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We stayed in room 24. Toilet was excellent and clean but that’s where it ended. Bed is so uncomfortable. The hotel is very noisy. The carpets are completely worn and in fact dangerous. The breakfast was cold, served on cold plates and one waitress trying to keep the dining room cleared as well as trying to make sure there was sufficient food. Absolutely no atmosphere throughout the entire hotel!,,
For £90 a night B&B it is a disgrace!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Hulyn666,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I have passed on your comments regarding breakfast to the Head Chef, who will be sure to review. We are currently working very hard in order to improve in all areas, and I am sure your comments will be taken on board.
Once again, please accept my apologies, and I hope that you will give us another try when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Room not representative of website photographs. Tiny toilet shower. Mattress absolutely disgusting. Carpet lifting and floorboards loose. Bad decorative state. Vacuum cleaner left lying in corridor. Staff friendly. Poor breakfast waitress ran off her feet.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Glenfiddy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations at the Station Hotel. We always aim to improve, and works are being carried in order to freshen up the decor.
Please accept my sincerest apologies, I hope we can make it up to you in the future. We would love to welcome you back at the Station Hotel.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

OMG this hotel is shocking. Dried vomit on the bedroom carpet meant that I never took my shoes of in the room - you wouldn’t walk on the carpet. Not sure about the stains on the walls! Curtains hanging off their tracks. Holes in the hall carpets.

Yes the staff were nice, yes the food was acceptable but the hotel was dirty and crumbling.

When we were there , there was a large number of Chinese tourists using the hotel and I was embarrassed for my country that a hotel like this was taking their money.

Shocking.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank doonhammer

Hi doonhammer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it is greatly appreciated. I am very disappointed that the hotel did not meet your expectations and I would like to apologise.
Due to the age of the hotel, there is always some work being done, usually behind the scenes. We aim for some improvements in the coming months, so your feedback will most definitely be taken on board.
I have also passed on your comments regarding the cleanliness of the room to the housekeeping departments and will ensure that this is followed up.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The staff of this very old fashioned are really attentive and helpful but everything else is I’m afraid quite shocking ( maybe the breakfast escapes the shocking comment ) . A full refurbishment looks to be 20 years overdue and the less said about the rooms and dirty carpets and corridors the better.

Room Tip: Ermmm - I don’t think there is one !
Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 40razaj

Hi 40razaj,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry to read that the hotel did not meet your expectations.
I would like to apologise that your stay was not fully enjoyable.
We are currently working on a number of improvements to the hotel's decor and your comments were passed on to the management team and will most definitely be taken seriously.
Once again, thank you for your feedback, and I do hope we can welcome you back in the future!