“excellent value”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Perth
nottingham
“excellent value”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed her from 28th dec to 31st dec.We were greeted by the lovely Kirsty who remembered my name because I made a mistake with my original booking and she had sorted it out.. The room was as I had expected of HIE- clean and comfortable.If we needed anything it was never a problem. All the staff were very pleasant. At breakfast there was more than enough choice for all tastes-cereals ,fresh fruit , pastries/breads , beans eggs and sausages..We were pleased with the rate we paid and to think the room could also accomadate 2 children- it was fantastic value.
We ate at the pub next door which was o.k.. Food decent and prices reasonable but each table had a t.v. on and that wasnt for me.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and family

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank carolnottingham
chazperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I was so pleased to see that you had such a great stay with us over the Festive period and I have passed your comments on to my team here at the hotel. Kirsty was particularly delighted!

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Karen A. Johnston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We made a last minute decision to stay overnight in Perth when travelling there to attend a football match. The cost of the one night visit (£49) represented excellent value for money. Our room was perfectly adequate and, despite what other reviewers reported, the bathroom facilities were actually quite spacious, particularly when compared to some much more expensive hotels. The weather was extremely cold on the weekend we visited, but the hotel itself was warm and comfortable. The service was professional and prompt - especially when we had a problem with our room key - and also when we enquired about bus services into the town centre. Breakfast was of a higher standard than we had anticipated, with a reasonable choice of both hot and cold items and, although the hotel was clearly busy, it was laid out in a way which reduced waiting times substantially.

We used our loyalty scheme membership to secure a late check-out and, again, this was arranged with the minimum of fuss.

All in all, a very positive experience (perhaps helped in some measure by a win at the football!), and we will certainly use the HIE when next we visit Perth.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

Such great comments and I will pass all of them on to my team who I know share my passion to ensure all our customers enjoy every aspect of their stay with us and return to the hotel time and time again. I'm sorry you had a problem with your key, but I was pleased to see that the staff dealt with the issue swiftly for you.

Our Priority Club loyalty scheme really is excellent and I am glad that you were able to take up the offer of an extended check-out before heading home.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Friendly check-in staff, very clean accommodation and good value for money. The free breakfast is decent, I've paid through the nose for a lot worse in other hotels.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth.

I'm delighted you found the hotel to be clean and great value for money and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We stayed 1 night here, passing through Perth on our way north. We had a pretty good idea what to expect, having stayed in other HIEs in the UK.

The accommodation is basically fine - the rooms are big enough and the beds comfy enough. Shower facilities are poor, though, with little space and hardly any ventilation (as seems to be the norm with big chain hotels these days).

We didn't use the on-site restaurant so can't comment on its food. However, we skipped breakfast after a quick look at the food on display - just not at all appetising (tinned fruit, sliced white bread, watery orange juice). Went to House of Bruar up the A9 instead.

Staff very friendly, though, and the place was good and clean. No complaints really - it's value for money but just not much else.

(Happy to discard anonymity if the management of this establishment wish to get in touch. SB)

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the lift if you want a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Well appointed hotel for the football pitch. The usual holiday inn express format, which always works well. Good rate for an overnight stay, which includes the self-service breakfast. Must say it is the best shower I've had for a long time, piping hot water and a roomy cubicle.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
chazperth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Perth, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Perth hotel.

I am delighted that you have always found the team here to be friendly and helpful and the accommodation nice and clean, as it should be. It is also great that you find us good value for money and that brings you back time and time again.

Thank you for your comments regarding Free Range and Organic products, it's certainly something we are looking at for the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when next in the area on business.