“2 nights double room ensuite single occupancy”
Review of Acer Guesthouse

and 1 more site!
Acer Guesthouse
Ranked #41 of 49 Perth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2015

very nice room at back of house modern decor very well furnished and with all mod cons, great bathroom tea and coffee facility. didn't have breakfast
walked across park to house close to railway station.I found 5 o'clock check in a bit late as I had to carry my bag around all day. Otherwise a very good experience.

Room Tip: room overlooking the park
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

The Acer Guesthouse is beautifully situated across from a park, yet near to the centre of Perth. It was spotlessly clean and had some lovely features. The stairs made from wood and slate had bottom up 'disco' lights, reflecting the fun character of the owners, who assured that our every need was met. I have special dietary requirements and was made feel very welcome to use the guest house fridge. The ensuite had a jacuzzi shower which was very relaxing after a lot of walking. While we would have preferred a double bed, we made do with moving the twin beds. Although a little pricey we would return because of the location, hygiene and attention to detail.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

A perfect place to sleep and relax. Rooms are very spacious with your own on suite. Very affordable compared to other options. Walking distance to city center and a great park right outside the front door. Only thing missing was a breakfast offering. However to make up they have full coffee/tea service in the room with fresh baked short bread.

Put this place on your short list

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

As another guest stated money was asked for very soon after being shown the room ie before bag hardly hit the ground. Bed very soft and creaks every time you move so not an enjoyable nights sleep.Constant noise of running water coming from their pond was off putting if you leave window open for air.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 18 May 2015

Before I had properly put my case down on the floor payment was requested. Card payment was refused and we were told that it was cash only. Luckily I just had the necessary £60 for the two of us but it nearly cleared me out. No receipt was offered and my request for one the following morning was received with some consternation but eventually I was given a business card with "Paid cash £60.00 with thanks" and the date. It wasn't until after we left that I checked the booking confirmation e-mail prior to travelling which clearly states that Maestro and Barclaycard are acceptable forms of payment.

When I then when breakfast was served I was told that they didn't do breakfast. I booked this accommodation following an online search for B&Bs in Perth which included the Acer Guest House. I wasn't worried that the booking confirmation said there was no meal option as I naturally took this to mean they did not offer an evening meal in addition to the B&B service. I took it for granted that breakfast was included.

Our room was pretty clean and the beds were comfortable. However, it would have been nice if somebody had done something about the en suite door which was so swollen that it was impossible to shut it properly. The two home-made biscuits in the room were elderly.

This wasn't a happy experience for either of us. An establishment which is listed online by various booking companies as offering breakfast really must do exactly that. If they only offer a bed for the night, that must also be made clear and it wasn't. Similarly, an establishment which is listed as accepting card payment must not insist on cash only.

I suggest that the owners ensure that the incorrect information online is corrected without delay.

If it wasn't for the fact that the room was OK I would have given this place only one star in view of all the contradictory information available online.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends