“Quirky looking place to eat though food could be tweaked a little”
Review of The Bothy

The Bothy
Ranked #50 of 214 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: USD 7 - USD 30
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcoming Scottish restaurant in PerthLocated on Kinnoull Street, The Bothy Perth is a relaxed restaurant serving traditional cuisine made with Scottish produce. The warm and homely atmosphere is the perfect place to relax with friends or family and to enjoy home-cooked comfort food. Child-friendly and wheelchair accessible, The Bothy Perth is ideally situated for visitors to the Perth Playhouse as well as Perth Theatre.Traditional dishes & hearty foodThe restaurant chefs use the best Scottish produce to offer a varied menu with classic items like Marshall’s macaroni glazed with strong cheddar cheese; freshly battered haddock with tartare sauce, crushed peas and a ‘poke’ (‘portion’, to you non-Scots!) of chips; or pub lunch favourite, the 100% Scottish beef burger with hand cut chips, tomato salsa and pickle.Perth town centre accessibility & transport linksThe Bothy is on Kinnoull Street in the centre of Perth and a brisk 10 minute walk from Perth train station. Paid parking is available in the multi-storey car park along from the restaurant and several bus stops can also be found nearby.Free wifi access is available every day of the week, ideal if you’ve got a working lunch or just feel like a nosey on Facebook.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Came here for dinner mid week and not too busy. We were well served by our waitress who was attentive and knowledgeable. The cullen skink was delicious as was the beef wellington. Bread and butter pudding was to die for.

Small things that would have raised their rating was the bread board was a huge portion of just bread. No variety of breads and way too much. The cabbage side was way too rich and in fact difficult to eat because of this. We had to ask for knives for our table as it had not been laid properly. Overall though a good meal.

Bothy P, Sales & Events Manager at The Bothy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear David C,

Can I firstly take the time to thank you for leaving us your review of The Bothy. Customer feedback is very important to us as we are always looking for areas to improve upon and rely on feedback to do so.

I have certainly noted your comments regarding the size and variation of the bread board, and the creamed cabbage side you had ordered and will be sure this is looked into by management. The missing knives from your table setting is certainly something that had been overlooked and will be mentioned to all staff to avoid future errors such as this.

I am glad to see however that you enjoyed your main courses and our bread and butter pudding and will be sure the compliments are passed along to he kitchen.

Hopefully you can return soon and sample some more of our menu.

Kind regards, The Bothy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,569)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Used the two courses for £9.95 menu. Good choice of dishes. Chose the risotto which was beautifully tasted and substantial in quantity. BlackBerry Eton Mess to follow. Cannot fault it in any way. Service was very good, pleasant and polite. Will definitely return.

Dear reddog240818,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of The Bothy.

I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to both our front of house, and kitchen teams, who are always delighted to hear positive feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited yesterday due to lovely gift voucher given for a special birthday.Was somewhat disappointed unfortunately.
Service was very slow.Food took 40 mins to arrive and when it did it was only lukewarm.We sent it back immediately and were given new portions.Staff were very apologetic though in all fairness.
Food was quite mediocre I have to say.Have had much better from this restaurant.
We did get a discount from our bill but it may be some time before we feel like a return visit.

1  Thank Catriona R

Dear Catriona R,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us your review of The Bothy. We appreciate all customer feedback greatly, and are always looking for areas to improve upon.

I have discussed the issues with the food you had ordered and the time taken to receive this with our kitchen team to ensure this does not occur again. I am pleased to see that you were given 20% discount on your bill, however I do appreciate that this does not make up for the bad experience you had.

We would very much like to extend an invitation for you to return to The Bothy and hopefully leave with a much better opinion. If you would be so kind as to reach out to myself directly at carrieforster@g1group.co.uk we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited again when coming to Perth to meet friends, I have never been disappointed by my meals here so it was easy to choose this place yet again. This time I had the special to start a mouth watering Feta & Sun dried Tomato Tart, the flavour was stunning, I was worried that I would be to full but when my main meal came out all I can say is WOW!!! I had chosen the clam chowder topped with Halibut. I adore fish and this was such a beautiful dish that not only was appealing to look at but the taste was so yummy, it does not do it justice but it was lovely. I am sorry I didn’t take a picture to show you all. This place is brilliant will be definitely going again soon!!!

Dear sedwars3,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your review of The Bothy. We rely on feedback from our customers in order to be continually improving our standards, and appreciate your comments.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed both the feta and tomato tart and the clam chowder as much as you did, I will be sure to pass along your comments. Our chefs put a lot of work in to creating dishes for our specials board each week, and will be delighted to hear that their efforts are appreciated.

We very much look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were delighted with the food, service and more importantly the cleanliness of the place. We were given our menus to look at again, although we had pre-ordered. Our server was attentive, smart and knew all about the produce used in the individual dishes.
We were delighted to see it was so busy but this did not detract from the level of service that one expects.

Dear roderick_c_clark,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us your review of The Bothy. Our customer feedback is hugely important to us in order to continually be improving our standards.

I am delighted that you found your server to be to a great standard which is something we are always looking to improve upon, and our staff love to hear positive reviews. I have noted the comments regarding the slight issues you did have however and will ensure this is discussed with all staff members.

Hopefully we will see you again soon!