“Another Indian restaurant treating the paying public with contempt.”
Review of Nairn Tandoori

Nairn Tandoori
Ranked #10 of 54 Restaurants in Nairn
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stopped in Nairn for a couple of nights last week and decided on an Indian meal, went to the Nairn Tandoori ordered two starters and two main courses. Starters were fine, no complaints there, however, one of the main courses, meant to be a Lamb Bhuna, was clearly beef !!! when the waiter was advised of this he said he would get the chef to discuss it with us, we agreed to this, but the chef actually refused to come out of the kitchen (not as if he was busy as we were the only people in the place).

This is a common scam usually by down market Indian restaurants, as beef is cheaper than lamb and they recon we cannot tell the difference. This is however fraud as they are advertising and charging for one thing and supplying something completely different.

The upshot of this was we paid the bill and left, no offer was made to reduce the bill even though we had eaten hardly anything. .

I would strongly advise anyone thinking of eating here not to, but go down the road to The Royal Bengal restaurant.

The upshot of this was we paid the bill and left, no offer was made to reduce the bill even though we had eaten hardly anything. We went to a local bar and related our experience, they were not surprised and all said they would not use the place anyway.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Looking for a good Indian in Nairn then go to the Tandoori, excellent food and reasonably priced. All four of us enjoyed our meal and allhad something different

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Called in here as we were looking for evening meal, not many in on arrival but then it filled up, and as we were seated I noticed several people call for their phoned in carry outs too so this was a busy restaurant.
We were greeted very nicely by a waiter and without reservations we were seated no question.
We were also offered the buffet table or main menu, and said we would view the menu and then decide, our decision was the menu as it looked interesting. We did wait a while for our meal but if cooked fresh you can expect this and we had plenty to discuss anyway.
Our meal was hot and we both agreed it was a lovely night and nice wine list also.
I am from 80 miles from Nairn but my friend had flown in from Ireland and the waiter did notice my accent as not been local and interestingly asked where did I come from, on telling him and my friend came over from Ireland he was surprised and thanked me for our visit.
We would have no hesitation in visiting this place next time we are in town or even myself should I stop over again in lovely coastal Nairn.
Thank you Tandoori Nairn.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The food is as good and on the night we were there service was good. The buffet has a good selection and kept quiet warm
I read one report that the soft drinks were expensive and yes crazy, no difference between coke and a pint! It would stop me going back, which is a shame as I said food was nice and reasonably priced

1  Thank NairnGolfer
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went on holiday in Nairn tandoori with hope going to have a nice dinner.From begining everything was nice .Ordered food looks good.Until I relized thats mix of prones and lamb.I do not like lamb so at beginning I said to staff I would like chicken.So I said I don't want it.Then other man came whats wrong? He said I ordered curry with mixed meet in it! I never woud ordered something I don't like! Because dont like lamb!But my partner said he will eat it so took him food.He even didnt say I am sorry would you like different curry???Then I had found hair in food.I didn't complain.Also was waiting an hour to be served between starter and main course! And after i paid 40.00 pound on the end ! They shocked me when he asked !!! If we finished??? And then he said can we leave !!! Never ever I would not expect that!!! It never happened to me nowhere!!! I left tips paid full price and on the end just been shocked! So we walked away with smile on the face but in that moment I knew they will not see me back again!!!! Wasn't pleased at all , was very dissapointed!

1  Thank nada O