“I keep returning” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cawdor House
Ranked #2 of 38 Nairn B&B and Inns
“I keep returning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

I have stayed at Cawdor House about 10 times now. I would stop nowhere else in Nairn and I have tried a few over the years.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Bolthardy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Port Hueneme, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I absolutely loved my stay at Cawdor House. Paul and Mairi were wonderful hosts. I believe I had bedroom #2 and it was just so cozy. I tried black pudding for the first time with one of Mairi's delicious dinners and I liked it very much. The food was great and so was the company of the other guests. This was my first trip to Scotland and my stay at Cawdor House made this vacation an experience I will never forget.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elsy B
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

After driving to Nairn from Edinburgh through the remnants of Hurricane Katia, we were greeted warmly by Mairi and Paul. The Cawdor House proved to be an excellent location for exploring the area around the Moray Firth without actually being in a larger city. The rooms are comfortably furnished and very clean. Paul is a wealth of knowledge about the local area and by our third day, we could actually understand almost everything he told us in his fine Scottish brogue! Marie turns out some amazing breakfasts that are included in the package.

Nairn is easily walkable from the Cawdor House and there is an excellent restaurant, the Classroom, just a few steps away. Another dining recommendation would be the Sunny Brae Hotel, overlooking the sea.

We were there for three nights in September and used the Cawdor House to explore the coast, visit a distillery or two, see Cawdor Castle, and tour the Culloden battlefield. Wish we could have stayed longer!

My only negative is that I was never able to get onto the wireless Internet. But, guess what... being 'unconnected' for those three days really didn't make any difference.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smartbrowndog
North Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

It would be impossible to find a more charming and hospitable B&B. My accommodation was welcoming and comfortable, not to mention that Paul and Mairi Banks are devoted to keeping Cawdor House impeccably clean. The meals were fantastic and a great way to experience local Scottish cuisine. I look forward to returning to Cawdor House one day as it will feel like I am coming home. Many thanks to Paul and Mairi for making it such a special place. Nadine Sheppard.

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor but I am positive every room is excellent.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at Cawdor House in Nairn a number of times and have never been disappointed. The bedrooms, which are spacious and quiet have always been spotless with some of the most comfortable beds I have stayed in. The breakfasts are huge with lovely fresh local produce. The owners, Mairi and Paul Banks, have created a lovely place to stay which I would recommend to anyone for business or pleasure.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nairn
0.9 km away
0.8 km away
The Clubhouse Hotel
The Clubhouse Hotel
#7 of 9 in Nairn

Been to Cawdor House? Share your experiences!