“Excellent anniversary meal”

Price range: USD 24 - USD 66
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stunning loch views, freshly caught local seafood and a glass of wine in a warm and cosy atmosphere - it's the perfect recipe for relaxing after you've had an enjoyable day exploring the Highlands. If you enjoy the finer things in life, you'll love Crannog.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We ate here on our wedding anniversary while on holiday in Fort William and we couldn't have picked a better restaurant. Nothing was too much trouble and we had the loveliest, smiley waitress who was super helpful regarding my dairy free choices. The portions were large and I had to share my fishcake starter with my husband ( he didn't complain!). I followed this with the venison which was delicious and then a small portion of superbly flavoured cherry sorbet. We were sat by the window looking out over the water, which would have been delightful if it hadn't been very grey and with driving rain. I guess we will just have to visit again on a sunny evening, which will be no hardship at all.........

Write a ReviewReviews (2,260)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ate at short notice , thankfully fitted in .
Meal was amazing .
Whole experience enhanced by our very friendly waitress and restaurant supervisor
Catrina and Armani.
Their knowledge of local dishes and wine selection were also superb. Credit where credit is due.
They are an asset to the business and we will surely return . 10/10 AndyD

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My son and I ate here after a quick trip up Cow Hill which overlooks Fort William. I travel and eat out a lot and would consider this to be one of the best meals I’ve had. Mussels starters, hake cooked to perfection while my son filled his boots with scallops, belly pork, black pudding and celeriac slaw.
Not cheap but worth it. Friendly service, great views.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The best oysters and langoustines I've ever tried! Beautiful view and excellent service. I little bit pricey but worth it

1  Thank Cash-tanka
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Really good fresh and seasonal seafood, with a great wine list to compliment it.

I've tried to go here several times over the years, but it's always been busy or closed. This time in Fort William was successful and I was really glad I did.

The service is good, without being overbearing and the menu is wide ranging, with seafood being the main offering.

I had mussels and then a monkfish tail with fennel risotto. The portion of mussels was very generous indeed, while the fish was meaty and tender.

I would definitely look to book in advance to make sure I could eat there again when I am in Fort William.