“Weatherspoon prices but better quality food”
Review of The Crofter

The Crofter
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2011

If you are looking for a cheap and filling pub meal in Fort William then you would be advised to stop here. We had a shared combo for 2 to start (between 4 of us) which included haggis. It didn't seem to fit but we all enjoyed it.

Steak pie was effectively stew and pastry (personal bug-bear of mine) but the stew was very tender and you got a lot off it. Burgers were generous and portions were generous to.

Big teenager (16) really enjoyed her Chicken Fajita's and got additional sour cream when asked.

There are newer reviews for The Crofter

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Visited this pub today we wanted somewhere where we could eat, and also get some internet connection.
We walked in and went to sit at a table, as we wanted to sit side by side so we could view the laptop so we chose an empty table, As we were putting our things down a member of staff asked how many of us there were and when we replied two he asked us to move to another table.
We did this and i then found myself looking at the back of a laptop while my partner tried to access the wifi.
After about 5 mins another member of staff came over and asked if we were ready to order which we did and two drinks.
We asked at this point about the wifi as we couldnt access it and the young lady said she would get us the card, something which seemed to be confusing and made my partner believe he had to register for something before it would allow us to access the internet.
Our drinks arrived mine was a diet coke which was very weak in flavour....our food arrived it was placed down and the lady said enjoy your meal in a non meaningful way.The food was bland i had a chicken burger and there was no flavour in it at all. My partner had the pie and he said his wasnt that tasty either. By the end of the meal we had not got any access to the internet, we had eaten bland food and had very little pleasant interaction with staff i wont be visiting this pub again whist in Fort William.

1  Thank numee28Derbyshire
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I went there with my friends on cold, windy and rainy Monday for lunch. The range of food in the menu was rather narrow; but each one of us found something good. The quality and taste of our meal were astonishingly good.
The only flaw of the place was central heating off - desirable on such unpleasant day.

Reviewed 6 April 2011

The Crofter is perfect for informal dining and is a great pub for a night out too!

We visited several times in January when they ran a promotion (buy your drinks and get your meals for £1) and it was fantastic value for money.

The service is fine, the food is decent and you are always guaranteed a friendly welcome from the staff.

Recommended for a lunch time bite to eat or an informal dinner.

2  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Whilst in Fort William skiing recently, we managed to pop into the town centre for a bite to eat. having worked in the catering industry for years, I am always casting an eye on everything so I was suprised that I could fault nothing and I mean nothing. My partner and I had the most mouth watering rib eye steaks I have ever tasted. The bar was busy which is always a good sign, I can see why now. The was a generally great vibe to the place with all the staff smiling and very helpful. As we live in scotland, and travel to Fort William regularly, I will definately be back to the Crofter Bar. Miss this and you are missing out.