“Yummy cake and good coffee”

Simpsons Garden Centre
Ranked #4 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Inverness
Price range: USD 4 - USD 10
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Situated on the outskirts of Inverness, with stunning views over the city, Simpsons Garden Centre is ideally located for all your gardening and shopping needs. From the complete beginner to the professional landscape gardener, we have become a firm favourite based on our personal service and unrivalled facilities, offering excellent advice and experience to all types of gardener. As well as our award winning garden area, we also have an award winning restaurant serving delicious home made and seasonal breakfasts, lunches, snacks and afternoon tea, meaning you can relax and enjoy tasty food and refreshments after browsing the store.
Reviewed 7 March 2015

I have a thing about coffee and as this is quite a large and bustling restaurant was a little bit worried whether this would come up to my high standard. I shouldn't have worried, great cappachino and a delightful piece of carrot cake to accompany it.

Reviewed 27 February 2015 via mobile

Had lunch there today. We had main courses. Food tasty and a big helping. Very good value. Always busy at lunchtime but we've always got a table. Our friend's wee one loved the tanks with fish on sale.

1  Thank Manstandvd
Reviewed 20 February 2015

This garden centre have a restaurant where you get good value tasty meals or snacks. Lovely baking also. And after you have dined you can go round the different departments. They have a variety of goods on sale.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

I remember when Simpson Garden Centre first opened, it was just purely a Garden Centre which catered exclusively for Gardeners! Obviously as the years have gone on it has become much much more than a Garden Centre as it has to keep business flowing 12 months of the year! As a Self Employed Gardener in the trade for more than 10 years, Simpsons would be the last place I would normally frequent to get plants now as it has become more like a Supermarket and lost its personal touch, the emphasis is now on the restaurant and nick nacks as you walk thru the building with the plant section at the very back of the building, now I know this is a deliberate ploy for you to hopefully buy not only plants when you visit but it now really feels that the Garden Section is not at the top of there priorities anymore. We visited on the 7 Feb and I know this is very early in the garden year but still expected more plants and as usual was met by yet a new layout of the whole building. I think they should have a re-branding as I said above I no longer feel it is a Garden Centre first and foremost, I now almost always go to Howdens for plants as I feel it is still primarily as Garden Centre and at this time of year has far more of a variety than Simpsons.

SimpsonsGardenCentre, Public Relations Manager at Simpsons Garden Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2015

Many thanks for your message, customer feedback is always important to us. As an award winning destination garden centre, we have many product lines for the garden and home available in our centre including a restaurant, food hall, home and garden department, furniture and florists.

Our plant area is a hugely important area of the business and we have one of the biggest selection of plants and trees in the North of Scotland. As well as a team of horticulturists with over 80 years experience between them. All of our spring bedding and plants are grown in unheated greenhouses to ensure they are suitable for the Highland climate. Due to January being so cold, this has meant that there has been a slight delay in receiving these plants, which explains the reduction in plants at the current time.

We only want to stock plants that are ground ready rather than forced plants, that some garden centres stock, that will not cope with the Highland climate. We do now have a selection of spring potted plants in stock, and spring bedding packs will be available from 19th February. Kind regards

Reviewed 8 February 2015

Went for lunch and had a baked tattie with chilli, really nice. This was the 6th of February and looked for some primulas, sadly none for sale. But, I loved all the fish in tanks. Would I go again, absolutely, especially if they got some plants.

Many thanks for your message, customer feedback is always important to us. We're sorry to hear that you were unable to get hold of some primulas when you visited on Friday. All of our spring bedding and plants are grown in unheated greenhouses to ensure they are suitable for the Highland climate.

Due to January being so cold, this has meant that there has been a slight delay in receiving these plants, as we want to ensure they ground ready for our customers. We do now have a selection of spring pots in stock, and bedding packs will be available from 19th February. Hope this helps,
Kind regards