“Fabulous time”

The White House Cocktail Bar and Bistro
Reserve with TopTable
The White House Cocktail Bar and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 271 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2018

First visit for me but return trip for my colleagues, staff Christmas lunch followed by a few cocktails in the bookable lounge area. We had chosen our three courses ahead of the day. We arrived and a small friendly team immediately took drink orders whilst we waited for everyone. Once the drinks were served and every one seated the starters arrived and in a refreshing change of style the staff appeared saying "okay I have John and Mary's" and "whilst I have Susan, Peter and Mike's" this approach continued with the other courses making everything quick and hassle free (you know the hassle people, when someone can't remember what they ordered so they pinch yours cos "it looks good" forcing you to pinch Pete's starter even though you know it's not yours but you're worried you'll get stuck with that one vomit inducing starter on the menu filled with every food you truly hate by which time the other guy has devoured yours completely and is smugly licking the plate!). So hassle avoided, I had ordered (and received) mushroom bruschetta (posh mushrooms on toast), seafood pasta (a huge portion of salmon, smoked haddock, white fish, prawns and four large scallops in a light cream sauce with a good portion of pasta all perfectly cooked) followed by chocolate brownie with ice cream. Portions large, staff fabulous, service faultless and the following cocktails delicious (I'm not a big drinker but that rhubarb gin fizz was sooooooooo good I had to try several !!!!!! All in, this is a fantastic venue with wonderful food and a quality of staff service not often seen these days - attentive, efficient, friendly but not intrusive. No idea of the price (my boss paid for mine as a Christmas present... I know lucky me), but we all agreed it was fabulous. Please note: the names have been changed to protect the slightly tipsy!!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Booked a late lunch for 2 the Saturday before Christmas. We both opted for sandwiches which were deep filled and lovely. We saw other main meals go out and they looked lovely. Our food was served in good time and the place was decorated and lit perfectly for a cold dark day. Love to return for an evening meal.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

We were visiting family and went out for my birthday as a group of 5 on the 21st Dec. Disappointed with the lack of choice and then told that has limited other options i.e. only one chicken dish left. The female waitress was good but the male needed customer training. Whilst diners were eating he was stacking tables/and moving them around which was really annoying. The quality of the food and cocktails when received was good. Venison over cooked but really put off by the staff/lack of menu and would not go back.

1  Thank jutones
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Having pre booked for a Christmas office party thought it would be organised, however,
waited a long time for drinks to arrive!
Food was not of a good standard and not very warm! Expected better but will not return! Staff not very accommodating or attentive!

2  Thank Elizabeth O
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We just came across this place by chance and stopped in for dinner. Lovely decor and comfy seating (not squashed in). Kitchen was just about to close but they didn’t rush out the meals. Food was well prepared and presented and we all really enjoyed it. Wait staff were friendly and helpful, and didn’t rush us at all. Stayed for a drink after the meal cause it was such a nice , laid back atmosphere. Highly recommend.