All reviews millburn road thyme restaurant adjacent restaurant meal deal usual standard inverness centre busy road plenty of parking main road a great nights sleep budget hotel weekend break night's sleep very pleasant stay business trip continental breakfast comfortable room
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The hotel is about a mile outside the city centre. A bus stop about 150 metres away, but if using a taxi use City Taxis on 01463 555 555, a really excellent service, but don't use Inverness Taxis who let me down badly without explanation or apology.But back to Room 1, which has excellent facilities for a wheelchair user, but like my comments on Edinburgh, Premier Inn have forgotten that able bodied persons also have to use the room. There is no room to put a suitcase, and I had to sit on a chair to use the clothes hanging facilities, and nowhere else to hang clothes except hooks for coats by the door. Bathroom was excellently kitted out. no complaints there. Room was on the front. with muffled traffic noise and some noise from the railway yards opposite. Breakfast in the adjacent restaurant, a short outside walk from reception, OK as long as it wasn't raining. Table service rather than buffet style, but food up to normal standard. Excellent coffee machine. Friendly service as usual from all staff, but I hope Premier Inn take my comments to heart and do something about my complaints.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back would obviate road and railway noise.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Jana S, PI Host at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your review of the Premier Inn Millburn Road.
We appreciate your detailed review of the universal access rooms. Everything is, indeed, lowered down to allow a wheelchair user easy access to all facilities and enough space to maneuver around the room. We do understand it can be slightly uncomfortable for those who do not require the specifications of the universal access rooms, but they are mainly targeted for people with disabilities providing comfort and safety.
I'm hoping the traffic noise did not disturb your sleep through the night. We are right next to the road and have a set of panels installed on our windows which should provide a reasonably good noise cancellation.
I am glad you liked our cooked to order breakfast as much as the buffet style ones. And I will make sure to pass your lovely comments to all team.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Dirty carpets and smelly bathroom spoiled what could have been a nice place to stay.Room was quiet even though just off main road into inverness. Bed and bedding were good. TV good, comfortable sitting chair was a good feature in the room.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Jana S, PI Host at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your review of the Premier Inn Millburn Road.
I am very sorry to hear you have found your room dirty and smelly. I apologise it has spoiled your stay. I have addressed this issue with our housekeeping team and will make sure we pay more attention to details and get our standards of cleanliness up to a high level.
I am glad you had a quiet and comfortable room, and hopefully had a good sleep through the night.
We are hoping you will give us another chance in the future, and we will do our best to provide a much better experience.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Clean comfortable bed. staff nice, pleasant and helpful. Food in the evening was nice, hot and tasty. Breakfast was also nice but the waitress started clearing away some of the food while we and other diners were still in there and still eating. I would stay again only if it was the cheap rate we paid, not at the normal rate.

Stayed: March 2018

Hello,
Thank you very much for your review of the Premier Inn Millburn Road.
We are glad to hear that you have found the food in our restaurant nice and tasty. However, I am surprised to hear that the waitress during breakfast service started clearing the food away before the service finished as it is unacceptable. I have addressed this issue
with the team and will make sure it does not happen again. I can only apologise this has happened during your stay and has negatively impacted your experience. I am hoping next time we will be able to make up for this.
We are hoping to welcome you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Stayed here for Loch Ness Etap. Little bit of a walk from town. Very strict bar and restaurant hours, bar didn't open until 5pm on the dot, so don't expect lazy afternoon coffee or drink. We were asked to leave bar at 11pm sharp and last orders were called 10.45pm, long time since I have been in a hotel that calls last orders. Room had a smell that we couldn't get rid of despite having window open all weekend.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Jana S, PI Host at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hello Simon,
Thank you for taking your time to review Premier Inn Millburn Road.
I am sorry to hear that there was an unpleasant smell in your room. I can assure you that housekeeping team are cleaning all rooms to a high standard and would have notified our reception of anything that didn't seem right. If this was addressed with our reception team, they could have provided a solution to the issue.
In regards to our bar closing time, we are licensed to specific hours and cannot extend the serving time. As any other bar that is not staying open all night we have to call last orders to notify guests that we are about to stop serving and avoid possible disappointment. We do have to ask guests to leave on occasion due to the bar being in a separate building disconnected from the rest of the hotel.
We are hoping you will give us another chance in the future and we will welcome you again.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Nice, comfortable room as expected with Premier Inn. We were given a room a couple of meters from the main road so we asked for a move and this was done immediately with a move to the side. Unfortunately the sound proofing doesn't seem to be as good here as in other Premier Inns and my husband was kept awake the entire night by a very loud snorer in the next room, hence why I've rated this as average rather than ezcellent. We opted to take the breakfast in their Thyme restaurant and this was excellent. Good, friendly service.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Jana S, PI Host at Premier Inn Inverness Centre (Millburn Rd) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Hello,
Thank you very much for your review of the Premier Inn Millburn Road!
I am glad the receptionist tried to solve the issue as soon as they could and tried their best to find a quieter room for you. I am sorry to hear that your husband did not have a good sleep despite having the room further away from the main road. Unfortunately, it was a pure coincidence you were neighbours with a loud snorer. Our night porters try to keep the noise down as much as they can through the night but snoring is out of their control. We will look further into the sound proofing issue and try to do our best to improve it.
We are happy to hear that you found our breakfast excellent and our service friendly.
We are hoping you will stay with us again despite the issues you have experienced this time and give us another chance.