“Handy location”
other travellers have booked this property
Beautiful River Ness is under 10 minutes on foot
Living room view Sunny, living and dining room.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living room view
Sunny, living and dining room.
Archway to kitchenette
Bedroom
Sunny living room
Foot of Stephen's Brae restaurants, cafe's and shops - short walk up to the apartment
Shower room and toilet
The top of Stephens Brae, Velocity Cafe & Bicycle Workshop
Living room - books and dvds
Bedroom photo
Footpath along the River Ness
View to Inverness Castle
5 min walk to Crown Deli
Bridge over to Ness Islands
Walk through the Ness Islands, also lit up in the evening
View over roof tops and church spires to Ben Wyvis
Nairn Beach 22km
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
David W
“Handy location”
Reviewed 13 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We stayed in this small flat for two enjoyable nights. It has all that you need for a short break and is very close to the centre of Inverness with easy access and convenient access to the Eastgate shopping mall. This first floor flat is clean and tidy and all the required facilities are provided. The owners are extremely helpful and easy to deal with.

Monica N
“Great Apartment, fantastic location”
Reviewed 15 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I had the pleasure of renting this appartment and had a four night stay. The apartment itself really is in a fantastic location about 300mtrs from the centre of town, about a 2 minute walk from the train station and about 4 minutes to the bus station.
Communication with the owner John was excelent and he met me on arrival at the apartment and showed me how everything worked and where the light switches etc were. the apartment was very clean and fresh - no stale or damp smells.
I've stayed in a lot of apartments over the years and I prefer them over hotels for anything more than 2 nights, having that extra space is worth the few extra dollars initially, which you can then save by simply having a few prepackaged meals from the grocery stores. To have the convenience of being able to have breakfast in your PJ's and start your day with ease is worth it !
"you're on holiday remember that - holiday's ARE hard work, you need a bit of comfortable down time as well.
Staying in apartments I've come to notice some of the very small things that make the biggest difference.
The bed was very comfortable, good quality sheets and had a duck/feather down doona (duvet) - very nice and warm.
The kitchen was compact but it had everything you could possibly need and more. There was hand washing and washing up liquid supplied a small thig but a big thing - I can't tell you how many any bottles of both I've bought in the past to use for a few nights and leave behind.
There was a book of instructions on how to use the appliances, washing machine etc. The bathroom or more importantly the shower was one of the biggest I have seen whilst travelling in the UK, Scotland or Ireland and it had good water pressure and HOT water.
The lounge room was spacious and comfortable not that I did much sitting around and I mainly used the kitchen table and chairs.

My only critique and it seems to apply to "all places in this part of the world" including my family in Irelands home is that the the light blubs could be a bit stronger/brighter they are all quite dim.
There were reading lights by the bed but I'm talking about the "main" lights in the apaprtments - might be a maximum wattage thing, I don't know ?
If you have the luxury of time you really need more than 4 nights in Inverness. I didn't have a car by choice and relied on public transport which is very good I've found in this country.
Day 1 - Arrived by train from Edinburgh in the mid afternoon and just familiarised myself with where I was inrelation to shops etc for buying supplies.
Day 2 - Spent in Inverness town itself - there is so much to see you really do need a good 2 days just for Inverness and I never even got to the museum as it was closed (Sunday)
Day 3 - I took the local bus's to Culloden for the day and visited the Ballle field and Clava Cairns that took the whole day because everything was so interesting.
Day 4 - Took the bus to Rosemarkie for the day to see the fairy glen and and a few of the other places I found on the Pictish Trail, again a whole day.
Day 5 - Left by bus early in the morning to Ullapool to go to Stornoway on the Island of Lewis.

18 Jan 2018
Dear Monica, thank you for your lovely review and 5 stars which I am delighted with! Your feedback is very important to us and we will definitely look into the lighting. It is probably because of the low energy bulbs. So glad you enjoyed your visit to Inverness in the heart of winter and you are welcome back any time. Best wishes John
DutchmanI...
“Great spot in Inverness”
Reviewed 20 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We picked this apartment because we wanted something centrally located that still offered self-catering. We thought this was a great apartment and John was very helpful. Although it doesn't come with car parking, with John's advice we found some very close public car parking (paid) without any problems. We would definitely stay here again.

3 Oct 2017
Thank you for your lovely review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Roger S
Sydney, Australia
“Great location if you don't have a car”
Reviewed 22 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We stayed 6 nights. The apartment is small but has everything you need incl washing machine, dryer, good TV, good Wi-fi, comfy lounge, small dining table and sunny. Bathroom is small but a good shower. Plenty of cupboard space in the bedroom. Overall a cosy and very convenient place to be a base for Inverness. Our apartment overlooked the street but we were not bothered by noise at all. It is up one flight of stairs. Just 25 metres from access to all the shopping precinct and 5 mins in the opposite direction are 2 pubs with great beer gardens for a relaxing drink. There is a great little coffee shop 20 metres away from the apartment and 2 or 3 good restaurants just down the street.
The host, John, met us, showed us around and explained all we needed to know with how everything works.

The only caveat is if you have a car. Parking in the street immediately outside is by permit, and the apartment does NOT come with a permit. 50 metres up the street is 1hr paid parking 8am-6pm and free overnight ( very few cars overnight so that should be fine). Street parking is permit only for a very large part of Inverness so the only options between 8am and 6 pm are the parking stations which can get expensive and a nuisance. We were very lucky, we had friends staying in a house 4 mins walk away with plenty of onsite parking, which solved all our parking problems.
So, a great little place for an Inverness stay unless you have a car, then its location is negated by the nuisance and expense of juggling the car from spot to spot.
Would we stay there again? Answer: No car - definitely, perfect. With car - no

3 Oct 2017
Thank you for your comprehensive review. We are pleased you enjoyed the flat and you found everything close by. Changes to parking in the town centre have changed very recently and sadly we were unable to provide a permit this year. The parking prices are reasonable compared to some city centres but we understand it makes it difficult and it os an extra cost. We are glad you found somewhere else to park though and thank you again for taking the time to provide a review.
NickyK293
“Great location.”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Host was extremely helpful and could not do enough for us. Apartment very cozy with very good facilities. Great location. Thanks John.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing