All reviews hot tub decadent room boutique hotel souffle turn down service well stocked mini bar double shower car park coffee machine fantastic hotel room number small hotel little touches following morning town centre the river stayed for one night
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We were quite late arriving, we pulled up in the car park and as if by magic, a lovely young lady appeared to help us with with our luggage and show us to our room - the easiest check in ever.
Then we looked around the room. Well, my socks were knocked off! Lovely, lovely room, with a stunning downstairs bathroom. After checking out the room, we went to the bar for a drink, and we had 2 well made cocktails. We were tired after our travels so took them to our room.
The bed and pillows were amazing, I had such a good sleep. Next morning, after having a bath and trying the shower (they both looked amazing so had to try both) we went for breakfast. This is where we both felt it let down the stay. It was by no means awful, but it was just very average. The continental side of things was great, but the cooked, not so good.
Staff were lovely and attentive.
Now comes the not so good bit. I made a mistake with my booking. I called to sort it out, and was told the same room was not available on the correct dates (completely my fault) so was offered a higher priced room. After the chap on the phone checked with his manager,(I asked if there was any leeway) he advised me we could have the higher priced room, for the same price as the one I had booked (It honestly was a genuine mistake). When we checked out (I didn't realise until after we had left) I was charged the rate for the higher priced room. Now I know the mistake was ALL mine, and Rocpool were kind enough to change it, but if they said I could have it at the lower price, then that's what I should have paid.
Other than the couple of things mentioned, it was a fabulous stay.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you have received our warm welcome and that you were to enjoy your room and cocktails.

Obviously, I am saddened that you have not enjoyed your Breakfast to the same extent. We pride ourselves very highly on sending guests on their day after having a high standard of meal beforehand. My apologies if this element of your stay was not up to your standard.

Regarding your room rate. Please accept my sincerest of apologies that this was not correct regarding the conversation you had with a member of our Reservations Team and my further apologies that my initial findings could not find this error with in the system. Having now replied to the email you kindly sent me, I hope the matter is cleared up to a satisfactory level for you.

I thank you for your generous custom, and for bringing your points to my attention. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Rocpool Reserve in the near future.

gm@rocpool.com

Reviewed 30 September 2018

The Rocpool is a quiet oasis where you will rest and feel pampered. Aislie, works tirelessly and always has a smile for you and even managed our heavy 20kg bags herself. Note, there are stairs and no elevator. We had a basement room which was well appointed but not overly big. The bed was very comfortable and must have been kingsized. We had two lovely breakfasts in their restaurant with heavenly eggs benedict which must have been the best one I have ever had. The second one was not quite up to par with the first cook off for the day. Andre in the bar was gracious and very polite, making me a tiramisu cocktail which was to die for. We ate both in the lounge and the main dining area and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patronofthearts
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your Rocpool Reserve and Chez You experience.

It is always a delight to receive such wonderful feedback. Aylii and Andrei are overjoyed with your personal feedback for them, both of which are assets to Rocpool, with both having a clear understanding of the style and standard of service we wish to provide at all times.

I hope that you are able to make a return visit to us in the near future, and I hope to be able to welcome you back personally if you do.

David. Robertson,

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

This tiny boutique hotel high on the hill above the river in Inverness is pretty, restful, with lovely large rooms and excellent bathrooms. Everyone who works there is so friendly, service is exceptional. Because we booked with a Virtuoso travel agent, we were provided with a free picnic the next day, which was big only very welcome, and a lovely surprise, it was delicious! We also had dinner in Chez Roux, the restaurant within the hotel, which was, again, exceptional. We loved Inverness, we loved this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mardi S
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words with in your Trip Advisor review.

Your comments and generous custom are massively appreciated and it is a delight to read that you have enjoyed the Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux experience to the level you have.

I do hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future in order we can offer you another pleasing visit with us.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Have just returned from a two night stay at this quality hotel. It was a very good experience with quality service at all times. The food was excellent at both dinner & breakfast. Not cheap - I rather grudged paying £6.50 plus 10% service charge for a local bottle of beer, even although it was very good - but overall I thought it was worth the experience.

The bedroom was very roomy - I had one of their "Chic" rooms. Only slight negative aspect is that most bedrooms are at basement level - our one looked up towards the car park. This leads to being more likely to close the blind & having a darker bedroom.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your experience at Rocpool Reserve.

Your comments towards the cuisine, service and room are very much appreciated, and I am delighted that on the whole, you have enjoyed your visit.

With regards to one of the beers you had with us. We stock several different options, with varying prices. Should there be a return visit, we would be delighted to explain the options available. Similarly with the room. With the slight downside you found with this room, our reservations team would welcome the chance to run through the full list of rooms we have and their locations.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We got off to a Rocky start at Rocpool ( no pun inteneded) but the skilful hands of David and Daniel quickly turned things around for us and and at the end of our stay we wished we were staying longer.
An excellent location ,with a short stroll to the High St ,(passing The Castle Tavern,a charming Scttish pub) ,coupled with a spacious, comfortable room, complete wih a small deck and hot tub, Rocpool is a great stay in Inverness, a pretty town on your way north.
The restaurant is a stand out and the bar is very inviting, the staff are extremly helpful and friendly ,indeed you have your work cut out for you to find an unfriendly Scot.
We enjoyed our time here and in Inverness .

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

Your kind words and generous custom are hugely appreciated and it was an absolute pleasure to have you visit. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux in the near future in order we can offer some of what you have already experienced.