1,680 results
All reviews the river valet service starbucks coffee steam room swimming pool leisure facilities coach parties car park leisure club a river view room lovely hotel bay window restaurant staff an upgrade city centre huge bed booked this hotel
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent location on the River Ness. Easy walk into the main shopping streets and to the railway station. You can also take a lovely walk along the river.
There is a Tesco supermarket and a laundrette close by.
Comfortable bed and pillows but no fridge in room.
Good buffet breakfast.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Aimee A, Revenue Management Assistant at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, Leo. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy the lovely river, we're very lucky to be so near the city but still have lovely walks. I'm glad that you enjoyed breakfast and found your bed comfortable. I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nicely located in downtown Inverness close to restaurants, pubs, the bridges park walk, and a pedestrianized area. The breakfasts are very hearty and room service was was quick to respond to any needs.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Aimee A, Revenue Management Assistant at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, Adiona! It's great to hear that you were pleased with the location and enjoyed the breakfast. You'll be glad to hear that we do have refurbishment plans for some bedrooms in the near future, I hope that we can welcome you back to see them on your next visit to Inverness. Kindest regards, Aimee

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Can i start by saying that i do love this hotel and im only given my honest review in the hope of some improvement !! We stopped in for a evening bar meal before going to Eden court and was quite excited about it as the place looks gorgeous but im afraid that's all it's got going for it at the moment. We were initially shocked by the prices £14 for macaroni !!! But maybe it's really good food and service ?? Nope neither im afraid ordered food and a drink both took an age . Food order was warm not hot and definitely not the quality we thought we were paying for and one of us didn't even get his chips with the steak pie so mentioned it and again took so long to get them he had finished the pie by the time they came which is just completely unacceptable. So my recommendation is eat elsewhere ,and im very sad to be saying that very disappointing

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank HighlandsShhhh

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your meal. I'm so sorry that you were left feeling so disappointed with your dining experience. I can only apologise regarding the delayed service and will message you directly about this.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Situated across the lake, this is not your typical Best Western, as it has a more resort style feel to it. They have rooms facing the river and other rooms facing some houses. We were unfortunately allotted the rooms which were facing the houses. This is almost another wing with the entrance from the side parking. Makes you feel that it is not a part of the hotel. Try for river facing rooms , they might be a bit more expensive, but you feel that you are staying in the hotel. Besides this the staff is very friendly and the breakfast is quite good. Typical Scottish. Swimming pool and gym facilities are top class.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the river.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, Ravi! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. I'm sorry that you were a little disappointed with your room, we'll always try our hardest to find a room that is more suitable where possible. Unfortunately we couldn't do this for you on this occasion. It's great that you were impressed with the team, they'll be delighted to hear your compliments. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Inverness and that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

This is a terrific place to stay in Inverness. It is beautifully located on the River Ness with a view of Inverness Castle. It is within a few minutes walk from downtown Inverness (convenient foot bridges across the river.) The food is excellent, and the staff are warm and accommodating. I plan on staying here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front for the best view of the river and the Castle,
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Aimee A, Revenue Management Assistant at Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, Kjbouse! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the location. It's great to hear that you were pleased with the food and that you found the team accommodating. I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.