“Great Sunday roast - recommended,”

The Waterside Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 282 Restaurants in Inverness
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Waterside is a family owned restaurant situated on the stunning banks of the river Ness, right in the heart of Inverness. We pride ourselves on our great facilities, our excellent reputation for food and genuine highland hospitality. We have been in business on Ness Bank since 1957. We love it here and hope you will too.
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Lovely Sunday roast with very friendly, helpful staff. Booked in at the last minute but it was no problem. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2017
Waterside1819, Owner at The Waterside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for your recommendation Penelope. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This doubles as a breakfast room and restaurant. Mainly a conservatory style extension at the front of the main hotel, comfortable furnishings. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was everything you could wish for, good variety every morning. However, I would prefer freshly cut fruit instead of the canned variety, it cannot cost that much more, and would I feel be a nice touch. Dinner menu a little limited, but overall food standard very good.

Date of visit: October 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us Steve. We do offer fresh fruit from a bowl each morning and hope you were able to enjoy that as well as the grapefruit and other fruit on offer. I am glad you were well looked after and we look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in Inverness.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Found this restaurant on tripadvisor and picked up on the great Sunday Roasts they offer. We were out for a morning walk along the river on our first day and passed the hotel. It looked ok so we popped in around noon and booked a table fof 13:30. On our return they had put us by the windows overlooking thd river. The place was full, but there were sufficient staff on hand to cope. The food and wine menu is quite varied and the roast beef and dessert we had was very enjoyable. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, so draws in both locals and tourists. So best to book in advance.

1  Thank travel_buddy367

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent Sunday lunch with us at The Waterside. I am glad you enjoyed what we do and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Had a meal here the first night I got into Inverness. It was very close to where I was staying and it was pelting with rain, bitter cold and very windy. So I went into The Waterside. The soup was delicious, leek and potato, the service friendly however didn't see anything much for vegetarians. As I eat fish, I ended up ordering fish and chips. Fish was nice, it was such a large piece of fish, I could only eat half of it, chips tasted like 'real chips' not frozen ones (of course they could possibly be frozen but if so they didn't taste so. Couldn't manage a dessert, couldn't finish my mains. Reasonably priced. On the who'll food and service good, just needs a good vegatarian menu added.

1  Thank Kathy B

Thank you for your review Kathy. I am glad you enjoyed your meal over all, if not our typical Inverness weather! We will take your comments on board and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We dined here three days out of our five days in Inverness. Delicious food and such lovely friendly staff.

Date of visit: October 2017

Thank you. I am glad you chose us and enjoyed your meals with us at The Waterside.
See you next time!