All reviews church street rainfall shower nearby bars and restaurants the river train station car park hotel is great extractor fan room was clean and comfortable room service one night stay bathroom door a river view room breakfast buffet good size high street nice stay
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Our tour group spent one night at this hotel. The room was comfortable enough but we were woken up in the early morning hours by noises from people leaving the pubs. We did enjoy the views of River Ness from our second floor room.
The male bartender here was funny. The female front desk person was very helpful at providing directions and assisting us in getting an adapter plug we needed. The food at the restaurant was good and the staff, which seemed short-handed, was kept very busy servicing our group for dinner.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Inverness Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 September 2018

The rooms have been recently renovated, which is nice. And the buffet breakfast is quite good. But the twin beds have saggy mattresses, and the windows don't insulate you from the excessive street noise when the bars let out around 1:30am. The bathroom is so small, that the sink is half-sized, and there's nowhere to hang a washcloth - which is probably why they don't give you a washcloth. The room is so tiny that to get out of it, you have to step into the bathroom. I do wish that instead of investing in large photographic murals in the showers, they had installed even a single place to put a bar of soap or travel sized shampoo, which we have to leave on the shower floor. I'd appreciate a box of tissues so I don't need to blow my nose with toilet paper, as well as an iron for my clothes, which I need because there's only room to hang 5 garments on hangers. The staff outside the bar are lovely, they just can't make up for the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
FraserPeterkin, General Manager at Mercure Inverness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am sincerely sorry that you have left the hotel with unresolved issues. I would like the opportunity to discuss these with you and would appreciate it if you could contact me or my Operations Manager directly, unfortunately the rules of this forum do not allow me to post contact details. In the meantime please be assured that your feedback has been shared with our team and will be used as we continually try to improve our service.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 September 2018

I’m sorry to say but this stay wasn’t worth the money. I know the prices were a bit hyped because of the Loch Ness marathon (which I ran myself), but still. The room on the fifth floor was facing the street = so much noise from the street so of course a good nights sleep was hard to achieve. Freezing cold room when we checked in. Stayed for 4 nights and the cleaning of the room during the period wasn’t good enough. 1 large towel when 2 people are staying in the room?! No refill of the shampoo and shower gel.
The breakfast buffet way too expensive. I have never been to a breakfast buffet where there wasn’t a single slice of cheese. Not any cheese of any kind. For the price you were charged the breakfast assortment should have been of a different standard.
The pros to this hotel would be location. Can’t beat that. The reception and bar is styled so nicely. Too bad the rooms don’t follow that trend.

Room Tip: Book a room facing the river
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank melisa1978

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Nice enough hotel inside and good location. However, we only got 2 hours sleep the night before the Loch Ness Marathon because of the noise outside our window. The pub across the road (Lauders) is open until 3am and the noise from music and shouting was terrible. The windows in our room offered no noise protection and it felt like the people were in there with us. Totally unacceptable for almost £200 per night. Please spend some of that money on the windows to protect guests from noise.

Room Tip: Insist on a river side room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Inverness Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Regards

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We were accommodated in this hotel as a part of a highland tour - what a pleasant surprise!
The staff is very forthcoming and helpful, we felt welcome from the very first moment.
However, even though we had a "privilege" room (which were supposed to be the biggest) it was a bit small, or rather impractically furnished, it was a bit of a problem to handle our two (small) suitcases.
The hotel is situated in the middle of the city with only very short distance to sights, restaurants, bars, etc.
Breakfast well above average for Scotland.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple