Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Small oasis

This is a nice walk of a couple of kilometres from the city core. IT's small, but very enjoyable... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Nick M
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit to if suitable for a venue

Never knew this was here. Restraunt before going in & was bit noisy. Ideal for kids. We had a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from USD 68.20
from USD 46.80
from USD 29.40
More Info
All reviews floral hall cactus house exotic plants koi carp hot house for sale plant lovers sports complex free attraction buy plants glass house leisure centre pot of tea wee gem free entry lovely place to visit soup
Reviewed 13 May 2017

The botanic gardens are free to visit. There is a cafe with really friendly staff. The weather was nice so we were able to visit outside in the gardens and have drinks which was fantastic. It's quite small so you won't spend hours here, but it is really lovely. The gardens are really well laid out with maps to tell you what each area is.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

A well laid out garden on a small site. The variety and colour of the plants and the attractive layout combined to make our visit really memorable. We enjoyed an excellent light meal in the cafe attached beforehand.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We spent a lovely afternoon here wandering around the beautiful glasshouses and grounds. It is beautifully kept and has a huge variety of flowers, plants and shrubs. There is also a coffee shop where you can sit out and enjoy the gardens whilst enjoying your coffee.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I'm a local girl who loves to support what Inverness has to offer but I have to say this is my favourite place in the whole of Inverness. I have been many times over the years from when I was a child myself to taking my nephew or simply a stroll around with my friends or my partner.

It's so peaceful most of the time and has an interesting assortment of plants. To be honest I'm not into gardening or plants but this place has a certain charm and on my last visit I noticed that you can get married there (duly noted).

My nephew loves to go and see "the big fish", he is fascinated by them, as am I, I'm sure some of them have been there from the beginning as I'm sure I remember them from when I was a kid.

There is a coffee shop inside run by a local company called Cobbs. They have places all over and I have had mixed experiences in some of their establishments previously. Their chilli beef nachos were amazing here however.

The floral hall is free to enter however donations are gratefully received to help keep this fabulous wee place going.

Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Parents and children learnt a lot in the bright, warm gardens. The plants were very unusual and interesting. We also made a seed mat to put in our garden with wild flower seeds, as there was a workshop with crafts for children - connected to the Inverness Science Festival nearby. The cafe was very family friendly and busy with a good atmosphere. You can sit on a bench with the fish pool nearby and read or chat which is very relaxing.