“Small but perfectly formed”

Inverness Botanic Gardens
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 13.71*
and up
City Sightseeing Inverness Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #8 of 92 things to do in Inverness
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1993 by Prince Edward, Inverness Botanic Gardens, formerly Inverness Floral Hall & Gardens, are an oasis of calm and beauty within walking distance of the city centre. With each new season the outside gardens are an explosion of colour and texture, and borders are planted to demonstrate a wide variety of plants and growing conditions. The impressive glasshouses reveal the drama of plant diversity ranging from the tropical rainforests to arid, heat scorched desert.
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We spent a lovely afternoon here wandering around the beautiful glasshouses and grounds. It is beautifully kept and has a huge variety of flowers, plants and shrubs. There is also a coffee shop where you can sit out and enjoy the gardens whilst enjoying your coffee.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"the river"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I'm a local girl who loves to support what Inverness has to offer but I have to say this is my favourite place in the whole of Inverness. I have been many times over the years from when I was a child myself to taking my nephew or simply a stroll around with my friends or my partner.

It's so peaceful most of the time and has an interesting assortment of plants. To be honest I'm not into gardening or plants but this place has a certain charm and on my last visit I noticed that you can get married there (duly noted).

My nephew loves to go and see "the big fish", he is fascinated by them, as am I, I'm sure some of them have been there from the beginning as I'm sure I remember them from when I was a kid.

There is a coffee shop inside run by a local company called Cobbs. They have places all over and I have had mixed experiences in some of their establishments previously. Their chilli beef nachos were amazing here however.

The floral hall is free to enter however donations are gratefully received to help keep this fabulous wee place going.

Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Parents and children learnt a lot in the bright, warm gardens. The plants were very unusual and interesting. We also made a seed mat to put in our garden with wild flower seeds, as there was a workshop with crafts for children - connected to the Inverness Science Festival nearby. The cafe was very family friendly and busy with a good atmosphere. You can sit on a bench with the fish pool nearby and read or chat which is very relaxing.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Lovely little gardens to wander around. Cactus and hot house to explore as well the meandering pathways outside. There are plenty of places to sit down as well as the fabulous cafe. The cakes are gorgeous so you are pre warned. Best of all its free.