All reviews piano bar the river main building no lift lovely hotel eden court a river view room the ground floor small hotel venison breakfast was included plenty of parking shower room one night stay town centre enjoyable stay comfy bed
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location easy walking distance into town, friendly staff, lovely view from window. However we came late in the pouring rain with my elderly Mother in Law, having got the keys to the rooms we were then sent out to walk across the car park to another building and fiddle around putting in a four digit code from a scrap of paper just to get into the building whilst we stood getting soaked. This was a throw back to the 1980's as I thought most hotel's had swipe cards these days. There was a huge contrast in rooms, my Mother in Law had a large room with a lovely big bed and huge shower, whilst we were put on the top floor in the annexe in a small room with sloping ceiling and bleak looking bathroom with a tiny shower cubicle. The restaurant within the Glenmoriston serves a good standard of food, and has a whiskey and cocktail bar attached which is very pleasant.

Room Tip: Room 18 ground floor very good. Avoid rooms 30/31
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

A comfortable room with a good shower, however the basin had a crack
In it and this was almost certainly due to a shelf to the side sloping and anything on this shelf would slide into the sink or on the floor.... I mentioned this at reception and she said she would let maintenance know but I don’t think this had just happened....
The bar and restaurant ambience are great with a good range of drinks. The food is delicious but we waited over an hour for our starters and then at least 30 mins for our mains. They did come and apologise and explain that they had a function on and gave us a glass of wine each on the house and free pudding and coffees. So they tried to compensate but if they either hadn’t planned on needing extra staff or someone was off sick it might have been better to explain before we ate as we might have chosen to go elsewhere for dinner.
Generally I feel at these prices these things shouldn’t happen.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

First off it’s not the easiest to find if your not concentrating. Satnav wants to take you to the front of the hotel but parking is at the back. The one way system stops you getting to the front easily anyway.
Secondly make sure you are aware of any meal deals. This is an expensive place to eat unless you take the Theatre Meal Deal which runs from 17:00pm until 18:30pm. The lady happily took a table booking for 18:30 without mentioning the deal. When colleague happened to check menu in room ,and saw the deal, we changed the booking to 18:00. When questioned we were simply told it is on the menu in your room. So you have been warned.
Food was good but not sure I would have paid the after 18:30 prices for the same food.
Rooms are very good and clean.. don’t understand the need for so many cushions as well as pillows on the bed but that’s just me.
WiFi very good throughout the hotel and annex from my experience.
So final comment. I was in a room at the top of the annex building. I can only assume that the water tank for the whole hotel is in the same room somewhere!!. The constant sound of the tank filling throughout the night didn’t help me get much sleep from about 4:00am. Perhaps that is down to being a light sleeper.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We booked into the GTH because it was well rated and was the pick up place for our barge trip. We were booked for the night prior to the departure of our barge trip and then again for the night at the end of our barge trip. We ended up canceling the second night after the attitude we were subjected to by the reception staff. The hotel has no elevator and when I asked for help to bring our luggage down I was told that "we are not your slaves". That was just one of a number of incidents which left a bad taste in our mouths. When I asked to speak to the manager of the hotel, and gave them two dates when I could do so, I was told in no uncertain terms that he would not meet with me.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CTOILGUY
Reviewed 23 September 2018

The building is quite old, although nicely refurbished. It is also situated perfectly, right on the river near High St.
Now the bad news. It is quite expensive, although breakfast was included. Because the hotel is old the floors squeak. There is no elevator, so if you have heavy bags you definitely will want help. We had one of the first floor rooms overlooking the river; very pretty. However, the hotel has a piano bar, and we had to listen to the piano until he pianist closed up shop. Not one would expect for the price we paid. I definitely would choose a different hotel were I to come back to Inverness.

Room Tip: Choose one in another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Angela W, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hi Mkarpoff, many thanks for taking the time to review your stay. The building was contracted in 1895 so you are very right. We price our rooms to stay competitive in the local market and for a four star that's pretty good value. The piano does not go on beyond midnight, for a city centre hotel I think that's pretty reasonable but I'm sorry if that disturbed you. We do have quieter rooms available.