“Take off your hat!”
Review of Revolution Bar

Revolution Bar
Ranked #76 of 278 Restaurants in Inverness
Description: A fantastic venue for all occasions set within the beautiful town of Inverness. We cater for all parties and bookings. Be sure to sample our fantastic cocktail menu and excellent food range.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Popular with 18-19 year old's which is probably why the police make a visit. Door staff told us to take our hats off before allowing us in they I wish he hadn't. I have tried this place 3 times since it opened at xmas and only stayed once, on both occasions the bar service was so poor that we left before ordering. Why can't bar staff service in order?? maybe its a generation thing! Suffice to say I will not be returning and they will probably be pleased that bobble hatted middle age men who are thirsty won't darken the door again. I preferred it when it was McEwans o Perth but then I didn't visit then either.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I wandered round Inverness looking for somewhere to get a light lunch and a cocktail. I don't get out much and was looking forward to this rare treat. I walked into Revolution and paused to see if there was a seating policy. None on display and no-one to ask. I strolled up to the back, where there were several empty tables, and sat down. A server approached and asked if I had seated myself. When I said yes, he said that the area I was in was often booked out although he hadn't checked if the table I was at had been. We walked through to the area where he preferred me to sit but the only table was in the middle of a 'booth' with parties at either side. He asked if that was alright and I replied it wasn't ideal. He agreed but offerrd no alternative. I left. When my friends join me later, that will be one place that will not get our money. May only be insensitive to solo lady visitors.

ianstretch1986, General Manager at Revolution Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hello,

Many thanks for sending in your feedback.

I have recently taken over as General Manager of Revolution Inverness and I would like the opportunity to rescue this poor experience.

I can only apologies for this poor service and inform you its not a true representation of our business, if you could send your email to inverness@revolution-bars.co.uk

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate here on a Thursday night. It was busy, lively and had a live singer. The cocktails were good and we recieved 2 free beer vouchers on entry. Should have been a good night: wrong! I ordered fish and chips. This looked good a big fish and large fat chips. Then came the punchline the chips were undercooked and hard, I thought the fish is huge I'll leave the chips. But the batter in the bottom of the fish was rock hard and once I got to the main part of the fish it was undercooked. Worried I might be food poisoned I had to go hungry. This was totally inedible. I complained to the waitress who took £5 off the bill. The fish cost over £12 so this was a token gesture. I had to go for a kebab round the corner. I then complained to one of rhe male managers, there were quite a dew working that night. He was too busy chatting to a young lady and shrugged his shoulders. I would never return to this place and recommend you eat elsewhere.

1  Thank bennetts63

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for sending in your feedback.

I can only apologies for this poor experience and tell you its not a true representation of our business, please could you send your email address to inverness@revolution-bars.co.uk - I would appreciate the opportunity to rescue this with you.

Thanks in advance
Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere. The food was excellent. We had lunch and dinner here. Great flavor. The Superfood Salad was awesome. Let me tell you the bathrooms wee immaculate!!!

Hi,

we shall see you again soon,

Regards

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I was in Revolution the other day after it was recommended to me by a friend. I had been to the one in Aberdeen previously for cocktails and really enjoyed it. The cocktails were delicious, though a tad slow - but they are cocktails and take a while to make, so understandable! The food were very tasty, we had two mains and sides. The staff were chatty and friendly, and more than happy to recommend me drinks. I'd definitely come back. Thanks!

Hi Iona,

Many thanks for your feedback.

Glad you had a lovely time,

we shall see you again soon,