“All the things you would like a pub to be”
Review of MacGregor's Bar

MacGregor's Bar
Ranked #8 of 277 Restaurants in Inverness
Price range: USD 8 - USD 32
Description: We are a BAR which specialises in Scottish craft beer and spirits with a menu which focuses on local Highland ingredients with a modern twist. Speciality beef ribs, seafood, game. A cultural melting pot with music, history and food all part of the offering. Owned by one of Scotland's leading traditional musicians, Bruce MacGregor from the band Blazin Fiddles
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We love MacGregors but ate here for the first time yesterday. It's so relaxing in there. The sun was streaming through the windows and the fire was on in the corner (Scottish weather!). Macaroni chips and chips is my ultimate soulfood (if you're going to sin just go for it...) and therefore a wee test of how good the kitchen is. Well folks, that was a darned good mac and chips, I was very happy, as was my partner with his 'wee fish'nchips', what a brilliant idea that is!
We were very well looked after by the barman who helped us select an extremely tasty Cromarty ale from a wide and interesting selection.
For many years I wouldn't bother much about going out to the pub in Inverness but MacGregors is all things that you would like a pub to be and more. You should go while it's still quite easy to get a seat!

1  Thank midgiemaid

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Wonderful to have a bar in Inverness which consistently has an excellent wide choice of beers on tap and serves a variety of food based on locally sourced ingredients. The burgers are good, the Halloumi especially, but the scallops and duck are even better! Beware-Sunday roasts are not for the faint hearted, with a whole roast chicken between two.
The Sunday afternoon session is full of surprises, with other musical gatherings from time to time. We particularly like the idea of the Oyster Club on Fridays, and hope numbers will grow over the coming months.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Took my mum down on Mother’s Day , which obviously being a Sunday we had the pleasure of Bruce Mac Gregor , and his musical pals playing away ...
My mother had the venison, which she said was amazing, I had the drunken mussels and tempura squid
Which my mum said was amazing ???
The food was brilliant, finished off with a lovely cheese board n coffee
It’s a cool bar, also dog friendly...

blazinbruce, Owner at MacGregor's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Glad you and your mother enjoyed it Stuart. Wait till you see the new fish coming in!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

A great new venue in Inverness, we tried only a couple of the many local ales on offer and had the pleasure of eating here too. I had the mussels and the beef rib and both were fantastic with decent size portions of both, certainly no room for dessert.
Nice atmosphere and when we were in a couple of musicians picked up their instruments and thoroughly entertained us. A must try for Inverness, will definitely be back, especially when the weather is suitable to use the beer garden.

1  Thank 20bg68

Thank you and we're delighted you enjoyed visiting MacGregor's. Music is a huge part of what we do and we'll be putting on much more over the coming weeks and months. Hope to see you when the sun is blazing and we're all out in that beer garden!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Great hideout I must say. Been there when I was on my two weeks Scotland travels few months ago. Since that they have introduced plenty of stuff, like more beer and proper food .. something between bar/restaurant food. I only had two pints during my visit. Friendly bartenders. I was listening the live(!!) music on a Sunday afternoon I think it was. (nothing fancy, few people play good stuff at a big table - that makes the whole thing more authentic imo) The chap played a great solo song on his guitar but the rest of the band was cool too. I was a traveller, a complete stranger to those people but still felt great.

My recommendation would be to go there on a Sunday afternoon, order some good food, a whiskey or a pint and just relax!

1  Thank Toth I