USD 223
USD 210
Cairngorm Lodge Youth Hostel(Aviemore)(Great Value!)
USD 140
USD 129
USD 183
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 203/night.

Badaguish Wigwam & Campsite(Aviemore)(Great Value!)
USD 66
  • Free Internet
USD 534
1,876 results
All reviewsswimming poolsanta weekendsoft playwave machinemacdonald aviemore resortaspects restaurantevening entertainmentgreat facilitiesfamily breakshort breakbreakfast was excellenthighlandscinemasteakhouselodgesnowskiing
Reviewed 6 April 2018

we stayed in my parents timeshare up at Hilton However we ventured up to Macdonalds aviemore resort everyday for 4 days.. enjoyed the Spey burger one night bill was roughly £60 following day enjoyed peter rabbit at cinema family of four plus sweets, coke and popcorn spent approximately £40 then had a lovely Italians at the Giovanni on site restaurant spent again about £60 my wife wanted to take the kids to one of the evening shows so off I went to enquire at desk next to cinema I was met by a extremely rude man that bellowed I was not welcome to evening entertainment if I wasn’t a resident I was totally gobsmacked by his manner.Lady by the fire was so taken aback also but assured me we weren’t missing much and the previous night only a couple of families were in the entertainment room.Even though I had spent hundreds over 4 days in the shop, soft play, lunch in the food court and cappuccinos in Costa I was now not welcome to a pitiful show. I was told in the coffee shop he was a manager. No tact no manners just plain rude.We won’t be back and will never book a holiday there so well done management great hospitality Extremely worrying that someone couldn’t grasp that even a couple of rounds of drinks in a bar is money in the till. The place is a ghost town and I now know why.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank roberttelford
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Was here for an event and all staff were excellent. Spacious surroundings and welcoming. Very much a large hotel and slightly corporate so ideal for bigger gatherings or groups as there is something for everyone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2018

On first appearance, I was really pleased with our choice of hotel in the MacDonald Aviemore. Staff at reception were friendly enough on check in and helpful with a multitude of guides and info packs, although the check in seems laborious and slow.

The hotel itself has seen better days and there are some dark and shabby areas along the corridors. Cleanliness wasn't optimal but we used the broken biscuit and old wine gum on the carpet to help remind us what floor we were on and where to turn towards our room.
The rooms were pleasant, good size, TV, safe, typical amenities, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean.
One morning, I made call to report that there was no hot water, however, my call was not answered so I decided to venture to the front desk. I explained that we had no hot water (I assumed that a hot bath or shower would be high on the list of priorities for any guest especially in a ski resort), the staff member didn't seem to think this a priority at all and while she was sorry (ish) there was nothing she could do, she couldn't let me into another room as they were all 'occupied' (I should point out that the hotel was like a ghost town). When I asked if there were no other options, she suggested that I could try the swimming pool, I then had to tell her that the pool wasn't actually open yet....so no shower for me.
Another strange thing about this hotel were the odd cleaning hours and vacuum cleaner obstacles left in main thoroughfare doorways at around half five in the evening.
The rest of our stay was mainly pleasant, most of the staff were friendly and accommodating, the food in the restaurants was nice, the sports centre facilities were mainly clean and functional.
Upon leaving we were checking over the bill for any extras and the member of staff suggested that there was a drinks bill that hadn't been paid for from the previous night. I was sure this had been paid as there was a broken till upstairs and had paid for it separate form the rest of the meal. However, the member of staff was less than tactful in his query and suggested he wasn't convinced, I then offered to show him my online transactions but was furnished with a frosty no thanks.
I can honestly say that this was one of the most bizarre hotel stays I've ever had, it was as if the hotel itself was low on battery due to lack of customers.... I would only rate this three stars because of the staff that actually made the effort. I think there's a real lack of team morale going on there.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Oonah00
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Really loved our short break at this hotel bang in the centre of Aviemore. The dinner included in our deal on the first night of our stay really surpassed all our expectations - especially the cheese platter! On checking in Adrian at Reception could not have been more helpful ready with lots of ideas for how to spend the 1.5 hours till we could check in. We loved breakfast too with their delicious full Scottish and yummy fruit buffet. We did some great walking but also got to enjoy their spa facilities too which were surprisingly quiet. All in all a very nice hotel for a short break. Thank you!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I stayed here last summer (sorry for the late review) with my friend and my 2 small children. The hotel was..old...outdated...kinda run down. BUT the price did reflect this to some extent.

We had booked a deluxe room only to be given 1 double bed and a horrible spring sofa bed that had broken pieces of lego on the ground (not exactly safe for toddlers crawling around).

The hotel isn't that great BUT the resort is. Just a short walk away is a fantastic indoor kids club with amazing soft play, which was perfect for the age of my children (1 and 2). The swimming pool is in my opinion, old and cold! But it did the job. The outside play areas are fantastic so again if you are booking here to play outside and let your kids burn up some energy then this place is fine. The town itself is really close by, just a 5 minute walk.

It was really ok...ish for a weekend. I'd probably go back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family