“Amazing service and gorgeous food”
Review of Citation Restaurant - CLOSED

Citation Restaurant
Price range: USD 40 - USD 50
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Merchant City
Description: Citation is beautiful exclusive use wedding Venue in the heart of Glasgow's Merchant City. Citation boasts rustic features including wooden floors, exposed brick walls, a fairy lit stair case and many more unique features creating the perfect romantic setting for your wedding or event.
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

12 of us went to Citation for a meal and drinks. There was a slight mixup with the menu we were supposed to be eating off, however the manager was excellent and sorted everything out with the chef. The food was faultless and the service we received was second to none. I can't rate this restaurant highly enough. I live in Chester but next time I'm up in Glasgoe I'll definitely be eating and drinking there.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

We booked quite a while ago, but even after making a call to confirm the reservation, it was still not in the system. As it was a Tuesday night, it wasn't a problem. The food was good and good service.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank GerlaB
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I've been to Citation about 4-5 times now for lunch and it has all been great experiences. Their service is good to begin with, with friendly and professional staff. The restaurant is very nice in the inside, with classic-modern kind of decor - very elegant.

The 3-course lunch menu deal is a total bargain and is really worth it. I've had the fish & chips and the vegetarian risotto option which were both great, and the minestrone is tasty as well. I wasn't a big fan of the salmon sandwich I ordered from the regular menu but I'd still go back for the3-course lunch menu. Also, their local dairy ice cream is AMAZING, so is the sticky toffee pudding - the sorbets not so much however.

Overall great experience and would absolutely go back for lunch!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Went here for the first time for a birthday dinner. The decor was amazing and the food was absolutely first class. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 22 April 2016

The website states that they pride themselves in a high standard of service, friendliness, professionalism and a great experience, unfortunately neither of the above was received at our party of 13 who attended to celebrate my father's 80th birthday. The duty manager, Dale Roberts was rude, abrupt and unpleasant. He did not welcome us, he was annoyed that they had got the numbers incorrect, kept reminding us of our 2 hour limit, even though the food was late being served but worse, he would not allow the grandson to play happy birthday on the Illyin pipes which he had brought from Barcelona to play. He also refused to allow us to cut the cake at the table so it ended up coming back home. I wrote to complain on two occasions and unfortunately received no reply. Which states volumes in itself. I certainly would not recommend this location to anyone if you wish a friendly welcoming service.

Date of visit: February 2016