“Brilliant food and staff”

Gusto Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #327 of 2,657 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 13 - USD 39
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Our classic and contemporary Italian menu takes fresh, carefully selected, simple ingredients to create the best tasting food around. And our timeless, classic surroundings make any occasion - whether it's a family lunch or dinner for two - feel special. If you're going to do anything, do it with taste. And do it with style.
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Catering for an extremely large party, the manager Robert allowed us to feel welcome and Annie attended to our every need. I can't thank them enough for this, as well as the catering staff for their amazing culinary skills! I'd also like to mention Steven, the friendly chap that was serving at the bar - I now regret not getting a cocktail after hearing how good they were!
An overall perfect night for a my colleague's retirement do - I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We met friends in Gusto for dinner. it was fine, nothing special, but the food was ok and the service good. So why did I only give two stars?

I ordered lasagne and when it arrved it was just lasagne, no side salad, no bread. Having spent several years in Europe, it annoys me that restaurants in Scotland serve Italian food without understanding Italian eating. Italians provide bread with everything. Cop on. A couple of slice of bread costs nothing, but when provided it changes italian-style food into italian food.

Also,our 8yo LOVED his pizza ordered from the kid's menu, but his tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream was embarrassing. If you can't offer a decent size portion as a kid's dessert, then don't offer anything.

GustoGlasgow, General Manager at Gusto Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear thistle-do-nicely

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback on your recent visit to Gusto.

I am sorry to hear that your visit did not reach expectations, and would like the opportunity to please discuss this further. Please drop me an email at barrymcphee@gustorestaurants.uk.com

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Visited Gusto on Friday 10th Aug 2018. Everyone involved had a marvellous night. Our waitress Annie was very polite and cheery. The food was excellent. I had the Salmon. Very tasty and the Cocktails made by Steven were the Biz. :) and I got chatting to the Manager, Robert. He was very approachable and an affable young man.
Will definitely make a return visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Yes It's stylish and well presented, all the right stuff but still waiting for a hook to bring me back. Strange starter of meatballs only! No pasta. Pizza was nothing special. Drinks were extortionate and staff very friendly. There must be better places, sorry to be a downer.

GustoGlasgow, General Manager at Gusto Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hi Brian

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback on your experience at Gusto Glasgow.

I am disappointed that both our food and drink did not meet your expectations, and would like the opportunity to please discuss this further.

Please drop me an email at barrymcphee@gustorestaurants.uk.com

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Visited Gusto Glasgow 3 Aug 2018. Table:48. C:2. Waiter: Chris.
Had a great night out. Food excellent, waiter very polite and helpful. Looking forward to revisiting soon.

GustoGlasgow, General Manager at Gusto Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hi Jim

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great 5* review - your feedback is really appreciated.

I am delighted that Chris provided you with such a good level of service - I will definitely pass on your lovely comments.

We hope to welcome you again soon in the near future!