“Enjoyable experience”

Massimos at The Log Cabin
Ranked #117 of 2,682 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 5 - USD 45
Cuisines: Italian
Description: A small Italian restaurant serving delicious, freshly made, authentic Italian food.
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Dropped in here with my husband and his mum on Sunday. Ate from the the fixed price menu. Waitress was lovely, very attentive and helpful. Food was very nice. MIL had chicken liver parfait which was served with toasted italian bread, husband had chicken wings which came with a fruity barbecue sauce and I had arancini. Everyone said their starters were very tasty and portion size was just right. For mains MIL had chicken stuffed with black pudding and parma ham which came with cabbage and she chose mashed potato but could have had sauteed. Husband had beef lasagne which was served with garlic bread and I had duck breast served on a bed of pak choi, with a fondant potato and some roasted root vegetables. Again, everyone enjoyed the food and the portions were more than generous for lunchtime. My husband only ate half his lasagne and the other half was put in a doggy bag. MIL had a small carafe of house red and finished it all, so can assume she enjoyed it. All in all a very pleasant experience, my only criticism would be that I think my food must have been left on the side while the kitchen staff organised and plated up the other dishes, so mine was lukewarm when it arrived, if it had been a fraction colder I would probably have sent it back to be reheated. The bill for food, wine and two small bottles of sparkling water was £42, which we felt was reasonable. We would have no hesitation about revisiting.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Long over due catch up with my friend, massimos came highly recommended by family and friends who stay local so was hoping for good things.

My friend ate bruscetta to start with which by all means looks lovely but tasted of just tomato no hint of garlic their, followed by a beef burger which again looked lovely with triple cooked chips bug portion of no complaints their.

I ate parfait to start which was Devine and easy to eat, however I requested some butter twice and forgot about. Then had spaghetti carbonara which was rather dry almost like it was a reheat and not fresh that day.

Sadly disappointed by my visit but it won't stop me trying again I've heart the steak pie is meant to be amazing.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with my family who live close by and who are regular visitors... I can see why! Lovely intimate restaurant with friendly staff. We ate from the 2 course mid-week evening menu which was exceptional value and every meal was great with good sized portions. I particular enjoyed the aracini having not had these since a trip to Sicily and they were very authentic. I hope to visit again next time I am in Glasgow.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Lovely wee gem of a restraunt!! All dishes tasted freshly cooked too.. I would say definitely city centre quality! Defs b back

1  Thank weedel76
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Massimo's tonight with our two children (12 & 10 yrs old). We were delighted with everything. The food was amazing....quality and quantity! The staff were lovely and when we mentioned that our daughter loved prawns but didn't fancy the way they were done on the menu, they changed the dish to suit! You need to visit this wee place. It's lovely and will definitely put a smile on your face!

1  Thank AMH1976