“Best Steak in Glasgow”

Tiffney's Steakhouse "The Home of Dry Aged Beef"
Ranked #25 of 2,616 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 29 - USD 85
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Our number one goal is to provide quality food in an atmosphere that is warm and welcoming. Quality Scottish Beef and Lamb will be brought to you direct from the heart of the Highlands. Minimum 10 week dry aged beef from a natural environment famed for its superior grass fed livestock. Our menu also includes fresh seafood. Carefully prepared in our kitchen, we only serve the freshest locally sourced vegetables available and offer an extensive wine list.
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Had my birthday dinner in here. My good lady isn't a huge fan of steak so only really get to have it on special occasions.

Booked Tiffney's on a recommendation and haven't stopped thanking the guy who recommended it since! Yes it's a bit OTT and maybe a bit pretentious asking you to pay a deposit before you go etc but they have every right to be!

Location wise it's kinda off of the beaten track as Otago street is mostly residential tenements, but this just adds to it's character. Plenty bars within a few mins walk for after-drinks.

They do the almost standard thing now were they bring out all the cuts to explain them - a little bit of theatre, but always good.

I had the scallops which were sensational and my Mrs had the soup of the day - both plates were emptied. For mains I had the tomahawk which was cooked exactly the way I asked for and my wife had a well done fillet :( I had the peppercorn sauce on the side but when I was offered some mustards, I ate most of the steak with that - honestly the best steak I have had in this city (and I've had more than a few). Great wine selection too, I had a beautiful rioja and my wife had a light white - both served in 500ml carafes.

Lovely touch with a happy birthday themed dessert and a personal visit from the Chef who spent time chatting to every table.

I've read some reviews about how expensive Tiffney's is, but in all honesty I have paid way more for steaks that weren't as good. If you want the best steak in the City of Glasgow then it's not Miller & Carter, it's not The Butcher Shop, Alston, Hutchesons or the Spanish Butcher - it's Tiffney's.

2  Thank Tommydoc1994

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I bought my partner a voucher for Valentine’s Day and we had a wonderful meal at Tiffneys. The restaurant is warm and cosy and the staff were really attentive. We had a ribeye and a T-bone steak and both were great. I would particularly recommend the chargrilled asparagus too.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We have been to Tiffney’s twice now and both times the service and food have been amazing. I can’t bring myself to have steak in anywhere else as I know it won’t be as good. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Whilst visiting family, I came for dinner here. Absolutely superb steaks, full of flavour. Service was prompt & polite too, we’ll definitely be coming back on our next trip to Glasgow.

As a side note, I urge readers to ignore the one star review that “Bounford” contributed a few reviews below this one. We had the displeasure of sitting nearby his table, he was trying to get a comp meal for no reason, complete chancer... and was not quiet at all whilst arguing. The table actually got asked to leave, they didn’t choose. I just dislike unfair opinions, and his is one.

2  Thank thelondonette
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Husband booked Tiffneys as a treat for my birthday a couple of weeks ago having read the reviews on TripAdvisor. We weren't disappointed. Food and service was excellent. Steaks were cooked to perfection and full of flavour. Drinks were very reasonable...especially for the West end of Glasgow. The Happy Birthday plate with home made short bread and chocolates was a lovely touch. Highly recommend this place and cant wait to go back!