“I now have a new favourite restaurant!”
Review of Fanny Trollope's

Fanny Trollope's
Ranked #10 of 2,430 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 13 - USD 39
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Enjoy some of Scotland's finest seasonal produce in a friendly atmospheric and busy neighbourhood bistro, popular with locals. We specialise in fish, seafood, Scottish beef and lamb, fowl and game.
Glasgow, Scotland
“I now have a new favourite restaurant!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Visited Fanny Trollope's for the first time last night. The occasion was a treat by friends for my husband's birthday. Our meal was absolutely delicious. Most of us chose something different from the menu and none of us were disappointed. My main course was Squash risotto and it was simply the best risotto I have ever had. Creamy rice cooked to perfection.

Although the restaurant was very busy - all tables full - the service was first class. Nothing was rushed and the staff had plenty of time to chat before, during and after the meal.

A first visit ......but certainly not the last!

• Visited March 2012

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Little Gem”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

If in Glasgow for business or pleasure, make sure you visit this little gem in the West End of the city !

Visited March 2012
Durham, United Kingdom
“Overrated for West End Lovies”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I don't like writing negative reviews but I need to be honest and say I didn't enjoy my latest trip to Fanny's.

It was a Sunday night (I understand they were trying Sundays as an experiment). I had a forgettable starter and an overpowering Ox cheek main. I have been to Fannys before and it was very good, tried 3 times to get a table on a Friday night and failed. So I had very high expectations.

Service was very good, if a little over exuberant - but I expect that from my West End Lovies. But the food lacked a certain 'poise' it was just a bit un-fulfilling. In fairness, I chose ox cheek when I probably didn't want something as heavy - but still. Disappointing flavours and a lack of imagination.

I would go back - not on a Sunday, and I maybe I'll find it a different experience. Hope this was a one off.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank MyFavouriteThings
Glasgow
“A fantastic well presented and tasty meal, if a little tight for anyone over 6'.”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

On arrival we were greated with a waiter who was well versed in the art of service, great chat and couldn't have been more engaging, so a good start to our birthday evening meal meal for four,

The menu was simple and easy to follow, which always makes decisions on what to eat much more simple. There were two soup starters, one of which was Cullen Skink along with Soup of the Day, three out of the four of us chose Cullen Skink, and it didn't disappoint, packed with lots of smoked fish it couldn't have tasted better, it was accompanied with some fresh home made bread. The other starter at our table was hot smoked salmon which also went down a treat. so far so very good!

Our waiter again was attentive and engaging, it made me think they had a genuine warmth for their guests at Fanny Trollopes, always a good sign, he looked as though he enjoyed our company as much as his job, this didn't go unoticed!

The main course then followed and it was split among such delights as Monkfish, Shin Beef and Lamb, none of which failed in any area, the portion size, taste and balance between meet and accompanying potatoes / veg was perfect. the waiter had suggested the Shin Beef and although only one of us chose this, it was well recommended, as it was described as 'beautiful' once consumed.

Desert was a three way split for our table between chocolate pot, clutey dumbing and cheese which again were very tasty and plenty of it.

All in all the rating on Trip Advisor for Fanny Trollopes is well deserved, a must visit, just don't expect a frills and glossy place to eat, this is a no frills. If a little cramped (my only critism) restaurant with the best service and food around.

2 Thank ScottishAL2
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Fanny Trollope's is an establishment that should be top of any gastronomic list when visiting Glasgow.

The food is as good as you will find just about anywhere in the city, the service is efficient and though the restaurant can lack a bit of atmosphere the fantastic value will more than make up for that! Food this good and this cheap is a rare combination in the UK.

• Visited December 2011