Our stay here was overall very good. The hostess was very friendly and answered all our questions very well. She also provided us with maps and information on the city.
The room was spacious and comfortable. It was not en-suite, which was made known to us before purchasing. However there was a sink and mirror in the room which we appreciated. The only downfall was that our DVD player did not work.
The breakfast was very tasty and satisfying. They had plenty of food and in variety as well. Overall, one of the better places we have stayed in Scotland!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alamo is a friendly family run Guest House overlooking Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Park with views of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, as well as Glasgow University, in the near distance. This elegant 1870 Victorian building is within easy walking distance (3 - 20 minutes) of the main 3 areas of Glasgow; The City Centre (Glasgow School of Art, Modern Art Gallery, theatres, etc), The West End (Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow University, Kelvin Hall, etc), Riverside (S.E.C.C. etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au and Odigeo so you can book your Alamo Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamo Guest House Hotel Glasgow
- Alamo Guest House Glasgow, Scotland