“Amazing ribs and delicious beer”
Review of The Crafty Pig

The Crafty Pig
Ranked #629 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Crafty Pig - Brewhouse and Smoke Pit BBQ and Burgers just got serious! When an upmarket neighbourhood bar meets its dive bar 'bit on the side' - the result is only going to be interesting... With 14 draught craft beers on rotation, over 60 bottles craft beers, local cask ales and a huge range of Tequilas and Rums. The menu is packed with low & slow cooked smoked meats including 16-hour smoked pulled pork, handmade burgers exclusively sourced from the herd of a farm in Lanarkshire and a unique slow-cooked ribs menu. A full year of research, testing, trial and error and serious tastings has led to this collaboration which promises to deliver the best BBQ & Beer in town. A games room with all day sports coverage, pool tables and beer pong give a refreshing point of difference in Glasgow West end. The focus is on casual dining and the continuing craft beer revolution, creating an awesome place for everyone to meet, drink, dine and celebrate.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Just back from eating the best ribs I have ever tasted. We were using a voucher which was amazing value. We had ribs, fries, a side and a beer. The beer was a delicious Innes and Gunn original. Service was a bit slow but when the food came - wow! The tastiest sauce on the ribs and perfect fries. Would have liked to try one of their shakes but we were stuffed. We'll definitely be back.

TheCraftyPig, Manager at The Crafty Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thanks for your review Kirsten, we’re happy you enjoyed our delicious ribs as much as we do! See you again soon for that shake.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I was in today for lunch with my husband and daughter. We were using an itison voucher and then adding on. The server reorganised our order so it was best value for us, which was great.
Food was delicious and portions were just right, not to big and very tasty.
Staff were warm and friendly, definitely worth another visit.

Thank you for the review Yvonne, we’re pleased you enjoyed your meal with us and we look forward to having you in again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I've been to the crafty in a few times and the staff are usually nice and there's good service. On this visit I went in and bought myself a pint to drink whilst I waited for my boyfriend to arrive. Five minutes later, I went up to the bar and ordered another of the same pint . Halfway through pouring it the girl said that the tap was finished and she'd just go and change it over. When she came back she continued pouring the same point which I thought was odd in the first place since as a bartender myself I'd always pull a fresh one with the new barrel on. I didn't say anything to my boyfriend about it but when he tried the beer he said it tasted off so I went back to the bar to change it. The guy who served me was really arsey about it and argued that the pint was fine and I was wrong! He eventually changed the pint and when I said I'd have another of the same since it was a new barrel he said it hadn't been changed and was off! Total jobsworth who couldn't just graciously change a pint which tasted awful after having one sip.

2  Thank Felicity H
TheCraftyPig, Manager at The Crafty Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Hi Felicity

I'd like to apologise that your last visit at crafty wasn't up to the usual, friendly standards you have received upon past visits. We pride ourselves on having some of the best front of house staff in the area along with a team who have a keen interest in beer and knowledge of beer. We care very much about the quality of our products and having won craft beer bar of the year last year we're committed to beer quality. On this occasion I think there's been a bit of confusion, the keg had indeed finished however there's always a pint or two of beer in the actually beer line itself. This meant it was possible to finish off the pint being poured however there was not another keg to facilitate another pint afterwards. I'd like to apologise if the initial pint of beer was flat, this may have been down to the glassware which is a slip up on our part. As way of apology if you could get in touch with myself on rc@crafty-pig.com i'd like to invite you back in for a few drinks on us.

Kind regards,
The Crafty Pig Management Team

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Stopped in here for lunch and had a really nice burger and hot wings whilst watching the football. Good little pub and the food is worth having if you are in.

TheCraftyPig, Manager at The Crafty Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thanks James, so glad you enjoyed the football and food with us. We look forward to having you in again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Decor amazing. Food great and Ross (behind bar) introduced me to some great beers during my visit. Thank you

Thank you for your feedback, we’re glad you enjoyed the beers! See you again next time.