All reviews central station bombay blues indian buffet excellent location light sleeper decent size quiet room reception area one night stay city centre would stay again visiting glasgow premier inn wetherspoons ensuite
Reviewed 5 July 2015

Decent hotel in great location for Central Station. Fine for two nights Accomodation was fine-bedsprings perhaps a bit too obvious!! Bath needed a bit of refurb too. But the staff were friendly and helpful, as you would expect in Glasgow. Plenty of good eating places around the area so no worries there. And shopping in Glasgow so much better than Edinburgh

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Room Tip: Cleanliness is an issue here. Needs staff to get on top of it.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed 2 July 2015

I work in Glasgow during the week. Booked this place on offer on Trivago.com as it looked nice. Later read some of the reviews and my heart sank.

But my room and experience was fine. The room was clean and quiet - but I stayed at the back of the hotel and had a double glazed window. The front of the hotel is on a very busy road next to Glasgow Central and that street is very noisy - I hope the front rooms have sufficient sound proofing and would understand many of the complaints if it doesn't.

The reception area is in a bar. It's well presented but some may not like this. Personally it was okay for me. It's well presented.

With respect to the room, it should be a 4 but these guys let themselves down on silly things. My room was well presented but the walls needed painting (literally 10 minutes work and white paint, dry in an hour, smell is gone with the window open in 4 hours). Some of the electrical sockets had dismounted from the wall (again, a 10-15 minute job to repair). There was a fan, it did not work and was clearly broken (why not just remove it from the room if it's broken rather than deal with a patron who gets a nasty shock - as the inner workings were all there to be touched?). Note to owners: if you are charging 80 quid for the room per night then provide shower gel and soap - day 1 both were just short of empty (lots of squeezing!) so I left a note, day 2 both removed but no replacement (shower in a can - lads spray to hand), day 3 - after buying some stuff from Tesco (so as not to offend all my colleagues from my indifferent smell) I have soap and shower gel provisoined by the hotel!

I'd not recommend this hotel as too many reviews are negative and my stay had faults. However, from the experience I had I think the owners just need to get the basics sorted. It could become a great place to stay if they want it to be.

Location is great by the way as a business traveller but I'd not take the wife here (as it's simply not good enough).

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room at the back - read the reviews.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Stayed at the Artto for a weekend in June, with a group of ladies attending a conference. There were 6 of us, and the Artto were able to offer us 6 single occupancy rooms, at no extra charge. Some of the rooms had double beds, which would have been tight for 2 people but excellent for one.

Very clean, and bed comfy.

Bathroom old, but very clean and fresh soft white towels every day.
Staff very helpful and friendly.
Breakfasts freshly cooked and good choice.
We had one evening meal, their 'special offer', very good value and cooked to order.

Was a bit noisy on the Friday evening, due to dustcarts being emptied and the usual Friday night party goers! Saturday and Sunday nights very quiet.
Maps and leaflets available, very helpful.
Would recommend, very central for visiting attractions and also public transport

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

I never write review but I feel like if I dont do this now somebody else would be in the hell I am right now. Ok the room is small, and there are no air conditioner, safe, or mini fridge, but non of this matter as much as the noise. The hotel is near central station and on a very busy street. Lots and lots of road noise from the cars, and every time a heavy vehicles cause the whole room to shake. Been in this room for an hour and feel so sick from all the shaking. Do yourself a favour and don't book this hotel.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business