“Ok ”

Ranked #1,323 of 2,694 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 6 - USD 19
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Glasgow's favourite American-style BBQ & Burger joint, offering sit down + takeaway/delivery services to Southside and Cumbernauld.
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Visited with my wife and 2 girls Monday night really quiet food took a long time considering we where the only table in at the time all 4 of us had burgers 2 beef 2 chicken they where ok but not great mac and cheese side was good onion rings where good fries where good my 2 girls had milkshakes they where good girl who served us was nice and friendly so it’s not bad but it’s not great either mixed feelings it’s a shame as it could be really good

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Buddy's won Glasgow's Best Burger in 2013, and it was good then. But they've coasted on that award ever since, not offered anything new and have greatly lowered the quality of the food without any change in their prices.

I ordered food (1 burger meal & 6 wings), and the delivery time given was 45 minutes, which is fair enough. It then arrived 25 minutes later than that, but again, I can understand if delays come about in these kinds of things.

The bag the driver pulled out to hand me was 2 different colours, the bottom half was soaked with grease (see the attached picture....). The bag containing the wings was completely burst, and had soaked through the other food in the order and the whole bag itself with sauce/grease. It looked like a complete mess as it was being handed to me, but the driver didn't really seem to care and just left. Once I'd poured the contents of the soaked bag onto a plate, I discovered that the food wasn't even particuarly hot.

Obviously they had crammed as many orders as they could into the drivers bag, and I was the lucky one at the bottom, leaving me with a completely smashed and soaking mess.

I tried to email Buddy's with this complaint, so I could attach the picture of what I got, but none of the emial addresses they supply on their website work, and just got sent back to me. I tried to use their chat function on their website, and was told they just operate the website, and have nothing to do with the company.

Last time I had a problem (which I think was the last time I ordered? And they sent the entirely wrong order) I phoned the restaurant, but they weren'y particularly helpful, so I didn't even see the point.

So yeah, not great.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Zoe_BarnesWH
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This was my third visit to this establishment. On the first occasion, I was rather disappointed with the waiting time,as we were the only table in. The starter took over 30 minutes to arrive,and was promptly sent back as it was cold. Second visit ok. So gave it a go for a third time. Bad decision. Starter lukewarm at best. When burgers arrived,my well done burger was cold. I informed the server,who without any apologies, said she would get another one out. As I was waiting, she returned to the table to say it was temperature probed and was at the correct temperature. I disagreed with her,informing her that not only was I a manager in a restaurant,I was also a head chef,and the temperature was well below the norm. New burger brought to table,no apology, nothing,only informed that she watched it come straight of the grill.Was not well done,as asked. Couldn't be bothered by this point,to be honest. Fries are also shocking,certainly not cooked at the correct temperature. And served cold. I am so glad my staff,and myself,take much more pride in or customer services. Here you have to get up and seek out staff if you require more drinks,cutlery, salt,basic service really. Your TripAdvisor ratings speak for themselves.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Amazing costumer service. Really nice and helpful. Will come back for another tasty meal. Yes ayeeeee

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Was dining and buddy's today and was very upset by the quality of the wings and of the attitude of the manager who came to the table after I complained about the wings. I could only say she came to table for a confrontation and not to fix the issue.

Date of visit: November 2017