“Succulent fish and the crispiest batter”
Review of Cafe Source Too

Cafe Source Too
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Source Too is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #376 of 2,658 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: USD 8 - USD 42
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Now entering it's fifth year of business at Hughenden, Cafe Source Too occupies the ground floor restaurant and the first floor Sports Bar of the recently refurbished West End venue at Hillhead Sports Club. Our aim is, like our original Merchant City venue, to showcase Scotland's finest ingredients, sourced from top Scottish suppliers, in delicious and satisfying dishes. Our A la Carte menu features traditional Scottish classics (with a modern twist) alongside brasserie-inspired cuisine (prepared with the best of Scottish produce). We also serve a range of daily specials, and offer great value dinner and pre-theatre menus. We stock a full range of carefully selected beers, spirits and wines, and use only freshly ground coffee. Service is relaxed and friendly, yet professional, and we are happy to serve you whether you're having a full meal, a quick business lunch, or are just in for a drink or a coffee.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After a 2 year absence, I returned to cafe Source too. I had always had an excellent lunch previously, so am please to report that standards of cuisine and service were as good as I remember

I had the tasty haggis pakors, then the fish and chips. I was really impressed with the quality and quantity of the fish -very tasty indeed, and the chips were pnentiful and piping hot

My companion had the croque monsieur and rumplethumps, which she had enjoyed before and found equally good this time

We both opted for the cheesecake, and my only regret is that I did not have a a camera, as it looked very well presented (and tasted delicius too

Although the cafe was very busy, the waiters & waitresses were very attentive to everyone, and very good at seeing whether customers wanted anything, or just time to enjoy their meals. Any requests were attended to very promptly with a smaile. I gave a larger than usual tip to appreciate just how highly I rated the service., and of course thanked staff personally

The atmosphere in the cafe is bright and attractive, and despite the large number of customers seemed quiet

I will make sure I return sooner rather than later!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Had a family dinner on Friday night. Food, as always, was delicious especially the sausages. Oh and the onion rings. And the rumbledethumps. Was a very busy night but staff were their usual friendly self. Would recommend it for good quality food and the upstairs bar is great for watching tv coverage of rugby matches. Also Hogmanay Ceilidh was fabulous.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

On the last two occasions we have had meals at Cafe Source Too, food has had to be returned because it was cold when it was served. On both occasions, it was changed and on the first occasion we were given a voucher for a 25% discount for our next visit. The second time only a cursory apology.
The restaurant was not busy and there was a longish wait (30 mins) before these main courses were served.

A pity, this was a restaurant we used to enjoy visiting.
We will not be back.

2  Thank fmackay
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Really disappointing.

Had some good meals here.
Last time, poor, chips cold etc - 25% off voucher.
Tonight returned - chips cold, onion rings worse, some main courses tepid,
Replaced but no apologies/ or recompense. We won't be back.

Sourcetoo, Manager at Cafe Source Too, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Lindsey,

Sorry to read your review and hear of your disappointment when you visited us last night..
We did remedy the chips and the onion rings.and I did apologise when I brought them back out to your table but maybe you did not hear me. When you informed my colleague about the fries she checked if everything else was okay for you just in case, and was told it was.
For that reason we thought everything was okay. If we had known it wasn't we would have certainly tried to make amends.
I am sorry you felt you could not have said anything at the time and am, of course, sorry that you say you won't return.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Medium priced, with an interesting menu. Haggis Burgers are excellent and they usually have a good choice of specials. Good quality, casual dining, like most restaurants can lack atmosphere when quiet, but tends to be well patronised. Decent wine list and selection of beers.