2,524 results
All reviews leisure facilities city centre secure parking swimming pool leisure club steam room on arrival good size car park room was large argyle street a bit tired reception staff restaurant staff weekend break would stay again buffet style
Reviewed 24 January 2011

My husband and I travelled to this hotel with 4 other couples for my birthday weekend you must go to this hotel,right from start as you enter Brian is there to greet you, no problems with checkin.Rooms are spacious and really clean.Our meal on our first night was first class even got champers from management for our table,all service in restaurant was efficient and all staff were smiling.Brian (at front of reception ) very helpful of telling our group where to go for Glasgow night life.
next morning breakfast was first class again lots to choose from and again same staff as night previous smiling and very helpful.
All my friends and i went to swimming pool, steam room,sauna.jaquzzi i must also thanks girls in beauty room who gave my 2 friends and myself a massage thanks girls.
We stayed for 2 nights in this lovely hotel i highly recommend it for a great weekend with first class service.Thanks Menzies hotel you made a birthday weekend soo special and we will all be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, I was very pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable 50th with us and we exceeded your expectations in every department. It was very pleasing to read your positive feedback, and comments in relation to the friendliness of the staff. I will ensure that my team share in your kind praise.

I was also delighted that your experience in the Brasserie for dinner and breakfast was excellent and I will ensure the Brassiere and Kitchen teams share in your praise and I will pass on your kind comments to the girls in the Savannah spa for the pampering experience.

Once again many thanks for your kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel

Reviewed 17 January 2011

Staff very friendly and efficient. Check in quick. Rooms huge, with plenty of storage. Comfy beds. Bathroom decent size with good water pressure in shower. Bar area spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was great and we had dinner in the brasserie one night, which was really delicious. Used the pool and steam room, which were also very clean and worth a visit. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying here the next time I'm in Glasgow.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review, I was delighted that you had a great stay with us and I have passed on your feedback to my team. I was pleased to read that from the moment you checked in that we exceeded your expectations and you made use of all the facilities in the hotel.

Thanks you also for your kind comments in regard our Wave Leisure Club and your room.

I do hope it will not be too long before we can welcome you back to Glasgow

Reviewed 9 January 2011

Stayed for our Wedding anniversary and found hotel offered a good 2 day package, and was within easy walking distance of Glasgow Central train station and City shops.

Hotel had friendly staff, especially Russell who booked us in / out (arranging a nice upgrade for our stay). Although we didn’t use pool area looked nice, but would certainly recommend a evening meal as this was excellent.

1  Thank SteveNorthLincs

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review. I am delighted you enjoyed your anniversary with us and that Russell was able to upgrade you for this special occasion.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience in the Brasserie and I have passed on your great feedback to my team.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Glasgow in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2011

We booked special weekend away at Menzies. We PAID for an suite but what they forgot to tell us was a party was going on across the hall until 1am!!!!!!! Oh we could move to a lower standard room so we could at least sleep and yes get a discount (to a normal rate) BUT that totally misses the point. OUR special weekend meant nothing to them. Just want our cash. DISGUSTING.

• Stayed: January 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback in relation to your stay and please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced with your stay.

I did try to contact you directly through the site to learn to speak to you directly to apologise for the room allocation – from investigation it appears that my team were trying to upgrade you as the room you had previously being allocated had developed a fault which meant it was unavailable and the hotel was fully booked and therefore you were re-allocated one of our luxury apartments – these rooms are not normally affected by noise, however following your review I have asked that the profiles are updated for the future.

I do hope that you will re-consider returning to the hotel in the future and would ask that you contact me directly at philip.mellor@menzieshotels.co.uk should you have a requirement so that I may ensure your total satisifaction.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

We stay here for one night with our tour company. We had a very clean and expectable room with all good facilities. the breakfast was good. but there was only one thing that spoilt our stay.

The staff cleaned the table next to ours at breakfast while we were still eating.

All we wanted was a peaceful breakfast. We didn’t want staff cleaning the table with spray cleaner and then making a noise resetting it.

• Stayed: December 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and thank you for the feedback. I was pleased to read your kind comments in relation to the food and will pass your kind comments on to my team.

I was however concerned to read about the disturbance that you experienced in regard to the re-setting of tables around you at breakfast . As I am sure you can appreciate it is a difficult balance of trying to re-set for other guests whilst not disturbing those dinning – I will following your comments review with my Food and Beverage Manager our re-setting procedures.

Thank you again for submitting your good review, I do hope to get change to welcome you back sometime in the future and to that end please when you are next planning a trip to Glasgow please contact me directly so I may ensure you total satisfaction.

Sincerely