“Thank you for making 50th birthday special!”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #47 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 30 January 2011

My husband and I with four friends stayed at end of November to celebrate my 50th birthday. We had a fantastic time. My husband had contacted the hotel to say it was my birthday and queried the possibility of a bigger room - we were given one but were still close to our friends, which was ideal. There was also a 50th birthday card - a really nice touch. Dinner on the Friday night was included in the package and I don't think any of the six of us had a fault with any of our courses. The breakfasts were a good choice of hot or cold - liked the fact that toast was brought to the table by staff who were continually going round the dining room. Sunday morning was a bit hectic and the six of us were unable to get a table together - but close enough to speak to each other. It started to snow heavy during breakfast and leaving the car park was an 'experience'. Our friends were heading home and my husband and I stayed in Glasgow a third night - but moved to the Millennium - BIG MISTAKE! Wished we had stayed on at Menzies and will definitely be back. Thank you for making a special weekend extra special!

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank jwdumfries
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, I was delighted that you had a very enjoyable 50th with us and thank for your kind comments about the little extra touches. I was pleased to read that you were impressed with your dining experience and the cuisine and I have passed your thanks to the Brasserie team and my Head Chef Richard Lyth,

Once again many thanks for your kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel

Philip

Write a ReviewReviews (2,271)

Reviewed 24 January 2011

My husband and I travelled to this hotel with 4 other couples for my birthday weekend you must go to this hotel,right from start as you enter Brian is there to greet you, no problems with checkin.Rooms are spacious and really clean.Our meal on our first night was first class even got champers from management for our table,all service in restaurant was efficient and all staff were smiling.Brian (at front of reception ) very helpful of telling our group where to go for Glasgow night life.
next morning breakfast was first class again lots to choose from and again same staff as night previous smiling and very helpful.
All my friends and i went to swimming pool, steam room,sauna.jaquzzi i must also thanks girls in beauty room who gave my 2 friends and myself a massage thanks girls.
We stayed for 2 nights in this lovely hotel i highly recommend it for a great weekend with first class service.Thanks Menzies hotel you made a birthday weekend soo special and we will all be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, I was very pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable 50th with us and we exceeded your expectations in every department. It was very pleasing to read your positive feedback, and comments in relation to the friendliness of the staff. I will ensure that my team share in your kind praise.

I was also delighted that your experience in the Brasserie for dinner and breakfast was excellent and I will ensure the Brassiere and Kitchen teams share in your praise and I will pass on your kind comments to the girls in the Savannah spa for the pampering experience.

Reviewed 17 January 2011

Staff very friendly and efficient. Check in quick. Rooms huge, with plenty of storage. Comfy beds. Bathroom decent size with good water pressure in shower. Bar area spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was great and we had dinner in the brasserie one night, which was really delicious. Used the pool and steam room, which were also very clean and worth a visit. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying here the next time I'm in Glasgow.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review, I was delighted that you had a great stay with us and I have passed on your feedback to my team. I was pleased to read that from the moment you checked in that we exceeded your expectations and you made use of all the facilities in the hotel.

Thanks you also for your kind comments in regard our Wave Leisure Club and your room.

I do hope it will not be too long before we can welcome you back to Glasgow

Reviewed 9 January 2011

Stayed for our Wedding anniversary and found hotel offered a good 2 day package, and was within easy walking distance of Glasgow Central train station and City shops.

Hotel had friendly staff, especially Russell who booked us in / out (arranging a nice upgrade for our stay). Although we didn’t use pool area looked nice, but would certainly recommend a evening meal as this was excellent.

1  Thank SteveNorthLincs

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review. I am delighted you enjoyed your anniversary with us and that Russell was able to upgrade you for this special occasion.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience in the Brasserie and I have passed on your great feedback to my team.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Glasgow in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2011

We booked special weekend away at Menzies. We PAID for an suite but what they forgot to tell us was a party was going on across the hall until 1am!!!!!!! Oh we could move to a lower standard room so we could at least sleep and yes get a discount (to a normal rate) BUT that totally misses the point. OUR special weekend meant nothing to them. Just want our cash. DISGUSTING.

• Stayed: January 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback in relation to your stay and please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced with your stay.

I did try to contact you directly through the site to learn to speak to you directly to apologise for the room allocation – from investigation it appears that my team were trying to upgrade you as the room you had previously being allocated had developed a fault which meant it was unavailable and the hotel was fully booked and therefore you were re-allocated one of our luxury apartments – these rooms are not normally affected by noise, however following your review I have asked that the profiles are updated for the future.

I do hope that you will re-consider returning to the hotel in the future and would ask that you contact me directly at philip.mellor@menzieshotels.co.uk should you have a requirement so that I may ensure your total satisifaction.