“Perfect Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 20 November 2017

After enjoying a great 2 week summer break in Barcelona with my family of 6, we stopped of for a night in Glasgow before going to our home city manchester. Our destination for the night was Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South, When we arrived at the hotel the time was approximately 11:20 at night. The woman on reception was really helpful and kind which put my family at ease and made us feel at home instantly!
After we were checked in, freshened up and what not me and my family wanted something to eat.
The Premier Inn Receptionist hooked us up with menus and brochures from takeaways around the city.
Our choice was bar burrito which I have to say was decent and there was plenty of space to dine on the desks in our 2 family rooms.
After that we were ready for bed, However my baby brother needed a glass of milk before he went to sleep.
Yet again the staff who were working that night gave us that helping hand by bringing it to one of our family rooms which we were sleeping in.
By the way the family rooms were excellent with 1 neatly presented double bed and two nice single beds which all had a good space between each other, a bedside lamp and plug sockets to charge your phones or tablets.
Every room also has free Wi-Fi.
in front of the beds was a 50 inch television with all the Freeview channels plus a desk and a mirror which were both quite practical.
Onto the bathroom, the bathroom was neat and tidy with a big mirror and sink , a towel rail with Versace towels and complimentary soap as well as shower gel.
That night we had a great night sleep as part of the good night guarantee.
The next morning we went down for breakfast which I recommend you pre book because it tends to get busy.
The Premier Inn Breakfast was brilliant as you can eat as much as you want.
So we were stuffed after the first meal of the day.
1 hour later we departed our hotel and the receptionist asked us how our stay was and wished us and wished us a safe journey.
Yet again, this is a great example of the generous acts by the kind and generous staff.
On the whole I couldn't rate premier inn any more highly it was perfect, me and my family had a great stay and next time we book a hotel I am certain it will be a Premier Inn.

Room Tip: ring up the premier inn your staying in.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed 14 November 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
1  Thank biggogs2015
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Pros:
Parking
Internet
Location
Comfy bed

Cons:
Toilet didnt flush
Noise from restaurant loos hand dryers and doors could be heard below.
2" Hole in towell
Receptionist on check out.

As we checked out I informed her that the flush wasnt working in our room.
R: "You should have told us last night, then we could have done something about it"
Me: "I used it just now, Also there was noise from hand dryers and doors shutting at 5am onwards"
R: "You should have told us last night."
Me: "It happened this morning, and there was a hole in our towell, no big deal but weird"
R: "Next time if you tell us when it happens we can do something about it"
I had a shower that morning.

The only fix I can see them able to do would be to have moved us, but we had already been awakened at 5am. Just the utter disbelief on the receptionists face and not a care in the world.

Would take 2nd floor and above if I was to stay again but dont think I would.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Sat Navs are becoming increasingly important to get a driver across Glasgow but this Premier Hotel was relatively easy to find, being approached on rather 'avenue' like roads.
There's ample parking; which is a good thing, after a busy day.
An attractive and welcoming foyer: and efficient staff, to greet. My room was spotlessly clean and peaceful I would have preferred a bath, but-for the price (most cities can have some swingingly high rates) Premier Hotels offering very good rates.
What we would have chosen for our supper (Haddock and Chips) was off the menu, but we found enough of other choices, to satisfy.
We came down for breakfast, after the buffet style offerings had been depleted by earlier greedy gannets. Sausages always seem to look their worst, in isolation, I've found.
And my friend found herself eating pretty much still-frozen strawberries.
A Tip: wait until the busy staff have topped all up, making do with a croissant or toast, while you wait!
Would I return? Definitely Yes!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business