We were very pleased with our stay at this Premier Inn, having decided to book two nights to break the journey North for a family event and try to extract a day's holiday from the trip. We chose it because of the free parking... which we only just managed to take up bagging the last space when we arrived not particularly late in the evening.
The lift door was overeager and we were caught out on several occasions, in one instance on arrival, enough for one of us to sustain a bruised hand.
Our sons were allocated what must be the best room in the hotel, 301 - we booked a twin for them, they got a double bed each and a wide bay window. The move to walk in showers was very welcome and the fittings were better than a fixed overhead. The shower gel dispensers could have been better sited.
I found the bed very comfortable but this view was not shared - hard to please everyone. The kettle was quicker than hotel kettles usually are. We were allocated rooms next to each other which was appreciated and perhaps due to being at the end of the corridor and on the top floor it was very peaceful. I'd really like to see Premier Inn introducing just a touch of local interest in the choice of art works.
The hotel itself was clearly busy with a packed bar. It's just a short walk into the city centre across the Clyde, and a short walk to the nearest Subway station. There are free maps but oddly no sign of any tourist information leaflets.
Breakfast was generally good, although I find the need to order porridge and vegetarian sausages means I don't choose them to avoid getting out of synch with my companions. Similarly not having a way for customers to warm croissants themselves is offputting. The self-service items were well topped up. The new bubble and squeak was disappointingly bitter and woody, and the advertised grapefruit segments and maple syrup were not out. I am told that the meat sausages tasted better than they looked.
We would definitely choose this hotel again, and quite aside from the many attractions in Glasgow, the hotel itself encourages us to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scotland's first and only curved hotel - 5 min walk from the main attractions of Glasgow City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Premier Inn, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel Glasgow
- Tulip Glasgow
- Glasgow Premier Inn
- Tulip Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel Scotland