1,773 results
All reviews sauchiehall street city centre charing cross station kings theatre would stay here again comfortable bed main shopping one night stay short stay min walk member of staff bars and restaurants car park self service west end yogurt pod
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Helpful, friendly and efficient staff; clean and comfortable room; excellent breakfast; very convenient for public transport, including Scotrail's Charing Cross Station which is about five minutes walk away. The walk to the City Centre took me about fifteen minutes. A short bus ride or a leisurely walk will take you to the Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery which is just over a mile away and very well worth a visit.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
JaniceFisher, Assistant General Manager at ibis Glasgow City Centre - Sauchiehall Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hi Y5551LHjamesw

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Our location is indeed a great advantage and i am glad to read you've made the most of your stay

See you very soon!

Vincent Amsoms

Reviewed 13 March 2018

LOCATION
Not really city centre but within walking distance, nightmare when the weather was bad with snow and rain during my stay (but it is Scotland). Around 15 mins walk from Queen Street Station and Buchanan Bus Station; shops, restaurants and Tesco only minutes away.

ROOM & FACILITIES
Small but cosy, comfortable beds, strong wifi, great heating, also with good sound-proof (except the one next to you snoring). Storage space enough for short stays but not recommend for longer with big luggage.

BREAKFAST
I seldom make a reservation with breakfast included as I think buffet breakfast is somehow boring and expensive. Surprisingly their breakfast was pretty good! Guests can make boil eggs themselves and if you fancy local food you may try the potato scones and haggis.

FRIENDLY REMINDER
I couldn't find the reception when I arrived at 11pm and no staff around, then I realized the reception is at the bar cashier. Friendly and helpful staff - both reception and breakfast team.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank muizii

Dear muizii,

Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback.

So happy you gave bonus points toour breakfast as the team has worked hard to improve things and make sure we please as many people as possible

We hope to see you again very soon

Vincent Amsoms

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Booked a few weeks in advance and managed to get 20% off using O2 Priority, so considering it was a Weekend and a big game was on, it was great value.

Good location too, only a 10 minute walk into the centre so it’s fairly quiet.

Rooms are the standard Ibis set up, really comfy beds. Decent shower room too.

Only issue I had was after returning to the room after being out all day, the door was open. Housekeeping had left the deadbolt on (presumably so they could go into each room with ease whilst cleaning). Luckily nothing was taken, but it was an open invitation for anyone who happened to walk past.

I’ve been assured the hotel is looking into this.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JaniceFisher, General Manager at ibis Glasgow City Centre - Sauchiehall Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Outwithjake,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Ibis Glasgow, we really appreciate your feedback.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and offer my sincerest apologies for the issue upon returning to your room.

I can assure this is being investigated as a matter of utmost importance and will keep in contact with yourself.

All the best and we do hope we can welcome you back again :)

Sapphire

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

One night stay with friend as were attending event in town, good location, staff very friendly and helpful, there was damage to one of the beside shelf’s this didn’t matter to us as weren’t going to be using it but reported so we didn’t get blame, staff member asked if were wanting to change room which was nice of her, maintenance fixed straight away, rooms were quite dark and dingy but spotlessly clean, beds were very small and very very uncomfortable which the budget one in the same city is more comfortable, decent sized bathroom, didn’t use restaurant but had a few drinks from the bar this was quite expensive. Overall average stay don’t think would return as cheaper or same price options that are comfier are available

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Stewart M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at Ibis Glasgow.

I am sorry to hear you had some issues with your room although I am glad we were able to offer some solutions to best suit you and your overall stay.

I do hope you will give us another chance to prove we care about you.

All the best,

Sapphire

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Most importantly-really comfortable beds. Staff really nice. Breakfast -excellent variety-proper coffee from a machine , so you can chose combination, even a boiled egg machine. Good location. Even ate here in the evening as it was raining and food very good. Great value for money . It even has a button you can press in reception to order a taxi.
Only small criticism is the keycards for rooms were unreliable and I thought 2£ for a small bottle of water was a bit steep

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jennymac46
JaniceFisher, Assistant General Manager at ibis Glasgow City Centre - Sauchiehall Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hi Jenny!

Thanks a lot for this nice review!

Thank you so much for the fantastic comments about our breakfast and staff. So happy to see that it has made your stay more comfortable.

I am so sorry our keycard system has let you down. We do face this kind of problem from time to time it's true. But that is also why we have a 24/7 reception, so you can tell us and so we can help. We will do our best to improve our system though.
I will forward your comment about our prices to our head office.

We hope to see you again :)

Vincent