Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre
  • Breakfast included
Lorne Hotel(Glasgow)
  • Breakfast included
2,811 results
All reviewsriver viewsquinty bridgecity centresse hydroclyde auditoriumattending a concertcar parkshower roomexcellent hotelmin walkrooms are smallreception staffmini barbreakfast was excellentideal locationtea and coffeemodern hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here as part fo a business trip and it is a very comfortable and cosy hotel. Modern in layout and furnishing. As a former Mint Hotel the property is in very good condition but I must say the lack of room service as an offer is dissapointing given our working hours it would have been nice to have breakfast in bed. I fear that as it has been taken over the service stanrds may be sliping but only time will tell....

Rooms overlooking the Quay are gorgeous and I would recommend asking for this room type if possible.

Some of my collagues complained of noise early in the morning as window clearers pully system was very disturbing dispite the fact that we asked the hotel reception on check in if there would be any noise distrubances as it would affect our sleep and were told NO planned works/cleaning etc was scheduled so watch out.

All in all a good short stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the Quay
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Our 3 day, 2 night visit to Glasgow was made all the better by our stay at the H Garden Inn.
The rooms ( we had 3) were very smart and very comfortable having been recently refurbished. The beds were super comfortable and even the aircon worked exactly as stated on the dial. The staff ( reception, catering and bar) were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very comprehensive and the staff went out of their way to ensure we got what we wanted with no hassle. The free parking was very handy, which helped both for evening entertainment and shopping as both were easily within walking distance. Our thanks to Jamie Stevens and his staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room, great views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I recently stayed in the hotel when attending the SECC for a conference. I had stayed in the same hotel before it was rebranded as a Hilton.

As before, I found the building and facilities very clean and staffed by happy, attentive people. The rooms are clean, well laid out and the Apple computer doubles nicely as a TV.

The guest facilities (fitness room, business centre, laundry room etc) have been greatly upograded since my last visit. I will be back whenever I'm back in Glasgow!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times when it was the City Inn and then as the Mint Hotel. Things are much the same with regards to the rooms since Hilton took over. On previous visits we have enjoyed freshly cooked breakfasts but on this most recent trip we were subjected to a dreadful buffet, low quality food, make your own toast (and let it go cold whilst you cue for the buffet), fruit salad far from fresh, and coffee that was tasteless. In addition the two members of staff on the desk were more interested in the conversation they were having than greeting us and showing us to a table. If we do come back to this hotel we most certainly won't pay for breakfast.

Stayed: March 2012
GlasgowOpsManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

I am sorry that you found breakfast disappointing, as part of the re-branding we changed to buffet style breakfast as you have mentioned, however the food and coffee suppliers have not changed.

Hopefully you will choose to stay with us again when our extensive refurbishment is completed and you will benefit from our refurbished rooms.

Kind Regards
Brian

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn (formerly called 'Mint Hotel') for a full week and really enjoyed my stay. As I was attending a conference at the SECC, I really appreciated being in close proximity to the conference building. A mere 3-minute walk took me there. While the hotel is not situated in the city centre, you still find restaurants, bus and train stops as well as some major sights of Glasgow nearby. If you want to get into town, take the bus that stops right in front of the hotel or, if it's a sunny day (and I got lots of them that week!), take a 25-minute stroll along the river and you're right in the middle of George Square.
As for the rooms: I was glad mine was on the 3rd floor, so I couldn't hear any traffic, but the walls of the hotel are quite thin so expect some noise from the neighbouring rooms. What I did appreciate was the fact that the room and the bathroom (no bathtubs, unfortunately) were spotlessly clean. Needless to say I loved the Mac computer/TV/radio. It was also nice to have a fridge in the room. If you feel peckish in the middle of the night, there's a 24-hour minibar self-service in the reception area.
All in all, a good choice. Friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast and modern rooms make the Hilton Garden Inn a good choice if you want to be near the SECC and don't mind a little bit of walking / travelling to get closer to the city centre.

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the good weather.

Our lobby shop ‘Pavilion Pantry’ has an excellent choice of snacks and is proving popular with our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and your breakfast experience.

Kind Regards